Shades of BlueJ

Apex

Jun 19, 2013
C&C 30 Elk Rapids
She sure does stand out...IMG3060 case in point.
7.png is close, yet BlueJ name is clear
22.png (portrait?) shows you almost an entire leg ahead, 5443 comes out on the chute, if not a little closed in the foot. the red mainsheet really pops

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Catalina 310 211 Lake Guntersville, AL
Awesome pics and all the boats in the foreground really give them movement and excitement even in a static picture!

Someday I hope to be in such an active area, but no way my wife is moving back up north any time soon.

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
She sure does stand out...IMG3060 case in point.
7.png is close, yet BlueJ name is clear
22.png (portrait?) shows you almost an entire leg ahead, 5443 comes out on the chute, if not a little closed in the foot. the red mainsheet really pops
Indeed I like 22. It has all the needed attributes; the boat looks good technically, the full regular crew is on board and visible, and the photo is interesting. Pity about the foot being out of trim; I'll chastise Brendan about that.

I do like how the red mainsheet pops on basically a all-blue boat; red is also visible on the port luff tape on the spinnaker, a nice accent. I'm looking to add a light reacher to the spin inventory this winter; probably going to be red!

weinie

Sep 6, 2010
Jeanneau 349 port washington, ny
I love how clay is in the cockpit with the two women while the only other guy is sent into exile on the bow.
Well played sir. Well played.
:pimp:

Nov 8, 2010
I love how clay is in the cockpit with the two women while the only other guy is sent into exile on the bow.
Well played sir. Well played.
:pimp:
Indeed! While Pam is not regular crew, she's been part of the BlueJ program for years. She battles MS, so her ability to take on super physical tasks is limited. But she's welcome on board anytime she wants to sail.

Nov 8, 2010
Even solo is a breeze ... especially with the TD furler. Had a blast in 20knts last weekend by myself... one hand on the sheet....one hand one the wheel.... and the vang in my teeth!
Yesterday in 12-17 knots. Tiller in left hand, mainsheet on left knee, sheet winch in right hand, vang on right knee. Only took it down after I got thirsty! One of those times where 5 arms would be handy.
amazing.jpg

Oct 26, 2008
Catalina 320 Barnegat, NJ
I saw that unique blue hull on a Bene at the Philadelphia Boat Show years ago. It really made me want to buy that boat. She was for sale at the Haverstraw dealership. I think the rep said they had discontinued that color option.

Nov 8, 2010
I saw that unique blue hull on a Bene at the Philadelphia Boat Show years ago. It really made me want to buy that boat. She was for sale at the Haverstraw dealership. I think the rep said they had discontinued that color option.
Beneteau introduced that color in the mid 1990s with the roll-out of the 'Spirit' series of First boats. The 210,260, and 300 were all Finot-designed 9/10s fractional boats with non-overlapping rigs and simple lightweight interiors. The 210 and 260 sported dual rudders, the 300 a single blade. They all came in that Blue as standard. Sadly only the First 210 was sold in the USA. I would love to own a First 300 Spirit. Badly. The 210 and 260 live on to this day, being sold (with different rigs) as the First 20 and the First 25s.

weinie

Sep 6, 2010
Beneteau introduced that color in the mid 1990s with the roll-out of the 'Spirit' series of First boats. The 210,260, and 300 were all Finot-designed 9/10s fractional boats with non-overlapping rigs and simple lightweight interiors. The 210 and 260 sported dual rudders, the 300 a single blade. They all came in that Blue as standard. Sadly only the First 210 was sold in the USA. I would love to own a First 300 Spirit. Badly. The 210 and 260 live on to this day, being sold (with different rigs) as the First 20 and the First 25s.
then they switched to pink a few years ago. o_O

weinie

Sep 6, 2010
I’m a huge fan:
Of that color.
Of that boat.
Of that girl.
Before I had my current boat, I was looking at one of those that was raced for about a year, but in other wise pristine condition.
I couldn't get past the color.

Nov 8, 2010
Before I had my current boat, I was looking at one of those that was raced for about a year, but in other wise pristine condition.
I couldn't get past the color.
You know that’s a vinyl wrap, right?

It takes about 5 minutes to pull off.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
You know that’s a vinyl wrap, right?

It takes about 5 minutes to pull off.
And if a whale, easily angered by the color red, is nearby, you'll be grateful for that.

Beautiful boat, though.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I am intrigued with the vinyl wrap idea. You could have a different looking boat every year.
wrap4.jpg
During a patriotic moment...
wrap2.jpg
Or just when you want to intimidate while approaching the starting line...
wrap3.jpg