sea water seacock water pump

blunt

Jul 27, 2015
1980 hunter 33 Corpus christi
I have replaced the hose.just knowing the valve is open is the hard part for me.we are about 40% thru our refit and just don't want to lose the boat at this juncture.anyways thank you all on the advice and will update when we decide what we do.

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 37-cutter, '79 41 23' 30"N 82 33' 20"W--------Huron, OH
So what you have is a good hose properly double clamped. And a valve that is open all the time, will not close? There are no leaks so the only issue is that if the hose failed the boat would sink? I never leave my boat with any of the valves open. But I see it done all the time, usually air-conditioners left running.

Jun 8, 2004
C&C Frigate 36 St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia
Agreed. Though not ideal, the risk is low. I had a seacock go bad this past summer. I just lived with it. Replacement is on the "to do" list before spring launch. I think the risk of changing a seacock out in the water is greater than having one stuck open. YMMV.

blunt

Jul 27, 2015
1980 hunter 33 Corpus christi
I understand your point.now that I think about it the valve has been stuck open for awhile.i will just continue to move forward with the refit.my plan is to replace all seacocks at haul out hopefully this early summer.at that time its all about bottom job,new rigging and seacock replacement.