Registered users don't see ads

Sailing/Eating destinations?

Discussion in 'Destinations' started by danm1, Mar 5, 2018. Add this thread to a FAQ

1. bawlmer

Joined Sep 15, 2013
    414 posts, 59 likes
    Catalina 270
    270 Mystic US Baltimore
    Ok. I have to throw in for my City. You can get a nice apartment very close to your slip in Harbor East/Fells Point/Canton. There are many marinas that are reasonably priced that are literally across the street from where you could live. Baltimore is also a great food town and the good eating choices are limitless. COL there is not cheap but not outrageously expensive either. Many extended middle age and retired folks are moving in here just to enjoy what the city offers. Also all the stuff that makes it to the news happens well away from the waterfront. Lots of boat services here and Nick's Fish House is one of the best float up bars outside the tropics (IMHO of course).

2. Daddio417

Joined Oct 29, 2016
    24 posts, 6 likes
    Pearson 31-2
    Ca Nova Scotia Bras D'or
    So many great food destinations available to my US friends, New England seafood, Texas BBQ, I could wax poetic for an hour. We also have some great destinations and the sailing is definitely on par, sadly a shorter season. IMG_0423.JPG IMG_0417.JPG

3. jssailem

Joined Oct 22, 2014
    4,283 posts, 1,187 likes
    CAL 35 Cruiser
    US Salem, Moored Port Everett WA

4. Bob S

Bob S

Joined Sep 27, 2007
    1,329 posts, 21 likes
    Beneteau 393
    US New Bedford
    Been sailing in Buzzards Bay for a while now and can't vouch for the other regions mentioned. BB is a beautiful sailing area with lots of wind and destinations within a day sail including Newport and Block Island. I've been in New Bedford for a few seasons now. I came because it's reasonable cost wise for this area and I will never leave.
    We're also behind a hurricane barrier which does add a sense of security.
    Wish i could retire. Good Luck!

I'll bet you'll miss Sal's pizza

5. NYSail

Joined Jan 6, 2006
    1,614 posts, 54 likes
    Beneteau 423
    US Mt. Sinai, NY
    Eastern Connecticut is a great place. We live on Long Island north shore in rocky point.... been looking eastern ct. great sailing, lower taxes, lower cost of living.

Turn any toilet into a Raritan for a fraction of the cost
The Raritan LBA matches your existing bowl with the pump/plumbing of a PHII or PHC. save!
Gray ports and parts
The most popular port on boats built from the 70s into the 90s.
Teak companionway doors
Amazing artisan quality, custom made to fit your boat.
Noflex Sewage Treatment
Treat sludge and odor problems in holding tanks.