Registered users don't see ads

sailing aeolus - 1966 caravelle yawl

Discussion in 'Alden General Chat' started by jon hansen, May 30, 2012. Add this thread to a FAQ

1. jon hansen

jon hansen

Joined May 25, 2012
    796 posts, 328 likes
    john alden caravelle 42
    us sturgeon bay, wis
    i retired off the ships the summer of 88'. i became a mister mom and have not worked since. the two guys in the cockpit are my son and his best friend. they both have sailed aeolus starting at age 2 and sailing every year for the next twenty. diapers and life jackets all the way to collage grads. they never missed a year. dude with white hat grew up on the shore in sturge. his people owned the big ship yard back in the day. his father was a ship, tug, sail captain and top sail racer on michagan and green bay. the white hat guy drove tugs for a while up in the aleutians as a young man. then became a top 'high fashion' photographer living in miami beach and traveling the world. the cool thing was that in the summer the fashion scene went to new york and he would come home to sturge. and sail with me, and others. the girls forward are my son's wife who's job is to look beautiful. she is coming along. her childhood while delightful, was very protected. the other gal on the bow is my youngest daughter same as the others. started summer sailing at 2. so, yeah. no directions are given anymore. no need to. they were trained by me to sail as i do. it is sweet

Will Gilmore likes this.
  2. jon hansen

jon hansen

Joined May 25, 2012
    796 posts, 328 likes
    john alden caravelle 42
    us sturgeon bay, wis
    hey tom, i would like to buy spinnaker pole. got a price on that? :)

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  3. jon hansen

jon hansen

Joined May 25, 2012
    796 posts, 328 likes
    john alden caravelle 42
    us sturgeon bay, wis
    will that is a sweet photo of sunflower

Will Gilmore likes this.
  4. jon hansen

jon hansen

Joined May 25, 2012
    796 posts, 328 likes
    john alden caravelle 42
    us sturgeon bay, wis
    two sail handlers in the cockpit, steve is calling the sail trim and lookout, and believe it or not. the girls keep a keen look out under the sails. fun way to have an afternoon sail down to the end of the bay and back.

5. jon hansen

jon hansen

Joined May 25, 2012
    796 posts, 328 likes
    john alden caravelle 42
    us sturgeon bay, wis
    4/4/18 , the season has started for the lake ships now. blowing a gale with snow today and they are running

6. jon hansen

jon hansen

Joined May 25, 2012
    796 posts, 328 likes
    john alden caravelle 42
    us sturgeon bay, wis
    my favorite method for making my morning coffee on aeolus is using my french press.

Will Gilmore likes this.
  7. Will Gilmore

Will Gilmore

Joined Oct 19, 2017
    2,148 posts, 842 likes
    O'Day 19
    US Littleton, NH
    I use a Stanley French press when camping. Delicious. Dark roast or Café du Monde's chicory coffee.

- Will (Dragonfly)

jon hansen likes this.

Sunbrella lifesling covers
Any color, fits over existing bag to match your existing canvas.
Too hot? INSTANT BIMINI ESTIMATES
Low prices, custom fit, no-wait estimates
Stainless documentation placard
Who said a documentation placard cant be beautiful? Brushed stainless with laser-fused numerals.
Turn any toilet into a Raritan for a fraction of the cost
The Raritan LBA matches your existing bowl with the pump/plumbing of a PHII or PHC. save!