Registered users don't see ads

Replacing weaco refridgerator

Discussion in 'Catalina 309 Group Forum' started by mike and kathie, Apr 16, 2017. Add this thread to a FAQ

1. mike and kathie

mike and kathie

Joined Apr 21, 2009
    3 posts, 0 likes
    2 309
    US Rock Hall MD
    Our waeco refridge has died. Anyone know how to remove the unit? Don't see any bolts\screws,etc but it won't budge

2. tahomathundr

tahomathundr

Joined Jun 4, 2009
    82 posts, 0 likes
    Catalina 309
    US Swantown Marina Olympia, WA
    Are you sure the fridge has died? You might want to check the AC/DC convertor located in the storage locker aft of the fridge. Many C309s had problems with this on early models. I think they switched to a different fridge on late models. I have #20 and mine has had to be replaced so I would check to see if you have one on your boat before you rip the old fridge out. It may save you a lot of cash. Check past threads as to how to remove the fridge if you need to. Good luck.

3. Crystal_RPAYC

Crystal_RPAYC

Joined Feb 21, 2013
    24 posts, 0 likes
    Catalina 309
    AU Newport NSW
    Hi Mike & Kathie. Everything you need is covered in Improving Refrigerator Ventilation posted 2013. If you can not find this remove the draw below the fridge put hour hand in the space and feel around until you find screws in the top of the space. These screw into a sheet of ply on which the fridge sits. Remove all the screws and the ply plus the fridge should slide forward - not easy and the ply can catch on the timber beading on the sides of the surrounding frame.

4. JuanJM

JuanJM

Joined May 13, 2017
    1 posts, 0 likes
    Catalina 309
    US Haymarket, VA Herrington Harbour, Maryland
    I am looking to also take out the refrigerator and will follow advice. Will let you know how I do. Regards,

Teak companionway doors
Amazing artisan quality, custom made to fit your boat.
Noflex Sewage Treatment
Treat sludge and odor problems in holding tanks.
Leaky Lewmar ports?
Start by replacing lens gaskets in stock now
Turn any toilet into a Raritan for a fraction of the cost
The Raritan LBA matches your existing bowl with the pump/plumbing of a PHII or PHC. save!