Repair or sell 63 Pearson Electra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 28, 2008
pearson 22 electra ct
I have aquired a 1963 Pearson 22 Electra in good but damaged shape. It ran up on some rocks, has few punctures in keel area, and rudder is missing. I got the boat without sails, but everything else is there. For 1963, my opinion is it is in very good condition. I am wondering what the value is now or am better off selling complete of for parts? I have been getting all types of calls for the mast, hatches, boom, int etc to sell, even the keel for the lead! any thoughts for anyone here?

Ariel

Feb 1, 2006
Pearson 36-2 Houston, TX / Rock Hall, MD
Your Electra is an excellent day sailer and weekender. Only you can decide if the labor to rebuild her is worth it. For a start, see the January/Febuary issue of "Good Old Boat" magazine. There is an excellent article on the restoration of a Pearson Ariel and it describes some of the things you will face with the Electra.

Please keep us posted on what you decide to do.

Dave,
s/v ARIEL

Jun 8, 2004
Pearson 26W Marblehead
To repair or not

The electra which is similar to an ensign with a larger cabin and smaller cockpit
was a quality l built boat and a well thought of day sailer over nighter in its day.
Before taking on a project like this I suggest you get a competent person to
look at the boat and estimate how much work it needs. You know it needs sails, and fiberglass work. Does it need new rigging, mast step, chain plates ect: Has it got a soft deck. What you decide depends on how much work you want to do and how much you want to spend. A boat like this in sailaway
condition can be had for between 2 & $3000 whatever you decide good luck

Dec 28, 2008
pearson 22 electra ct
I have decided to part the boat out. It has complete race rigging set up NO SAILS. I just posted ad in gear section. If you know anyone interested please let them know. Every part is available along with sink, wood panels, ladder etc. Open to best offer for anything on the boat.

K

kentfallyn@gmail.com

electra parts

I have aquired a 1963 Pearson 22 Electra in good but damaged shape. It ran up on some rocks, has few punctures in keel area, and rudder is missing. I got the boat without sails, but everything else is there. For 1963, my opinion is it is in very good condition. I am wondering what the value is now or am better off selling complete of for parts? I have been getting all types of calls for the mast, hatches, boom, int etc to sell, even the keel for the lead! any thoughts for anyone here?

Hi. Please let me know if you still have Electra parts. Thanks.

Kent Allyn
33 Chauncey Creek Road
Kittery Point,
ME 03905
207 439 6543

May 3, 2010
Pearson Electra Lake Lavon
Parting the boat out.

Have you had any luck parting the boat out? I have a '63 Electra and am asking $3k for it. I just checked the price of new sails (mine are 4 to 40 years old) and for a main, genoa and spinnaker the price for the sails is over $3k. I'm thinking the lead alone (1,200#'s) should be worth a lot not even considering the mast, standing rigging, windows, coamings, etc. Let me know what you think.

Bob

(
I have decided to part the boat out. It has complete race rigging set up NO SAILS. I just posted ad in gear section. If you know anyone interested please let them know. Every part is available along with sink, wood panels, ladder etc. Open to best offer for anything on the boat.

bvandy

Jul 7, 2010
none none none
Have you had any luck parting the boat out? I have a '63 Electra and am asking $3k for it. I just checked the price of new sails (mine are 4 to 40 years old) and for a main, genoa and spinnaker the price for the sails is over $3k. I'm thinking the lead alone (1,200#'s) should be worth a lot not even considering the mast, standing rigging, windows, coamings, etc. Let me know what you think.

Bob

(
Do you still have the hull?

Bruce

Oct 19, 2010
Pearson Electra/Ensign Lake Charles, LA.
I have '67 Pearson Ensign with a good hull, mast, boom, sails, rigging, etc. It needs a deck. As mentioned, the Electra has the same hull. Does anyone have an damaged Electra for parts?

Nov 30, 2010
pearson electra kittery point, me
Hello affmarine

You may have dispatched all your gear by now but I thought it was worth getting in touch. I am slowly restoring hull # 179 Pearson Electra. Do you have cabin parts? I have the ladder. Need galley. If you still have deck hardware I'm changing all mine over to bronze. I now have bronze ports that I had cast but would like the cleats and chocks. Running lights? Thanks!

Kent Allyn
Kittery Point
ME 03905

Status
Not open for further replies.