Raymarine EV-200 autopilot on 2-cabin B361

Jul 5, 2005
Beneteau 361 Sandusky Harbor Marina
I found Ward Richardson on LinkedIn so sent him a message. He actually responded, in about 20 minutes!! Talk about impressive! Anyway, he told me the quadrant on my B361 is actually a composite plastic and was designed to take the force from a Raymarine 6000, and that he had never heard of a quadrant failing due to a linear autopilot, which is great news for me. He also sent me a diagram with pictures showing how a linear drive autopilot is installed at the factory. Very helpful. :) I just have to have fabricated a bracket similar to what others have posted here.

Thanks all for the help and advice! I certainly hope this is the beginning of the end of a successful autopilot installation project. :)

Nov 23, 2009
Beneteau Oceanis 361 Clipper --
He also sent me a diagram with pictures showing how a linear drive autopilot is installed at the factory. Very helpful. :) I just have to have fabricated a bracket similar to what others have posted here.
Interesting. I am wondering if it something similar to what I had in my boat.

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
With regard to Raymarine linear drive auto pilot, is the extension arm extended and retracted by a mechanical screw that operates by way of a DC motor or is it a self contained hydraulic unit that is electrically activated and controlled? There are no external pumps, reservoirs, motors or external rams connected to an external pump on these linear systems.