PEARSON pedestal electronics mountin

Oct 29, 2016
Pearson 31-2 Bras D'or
As I do not have access to my vessel for a few months can anyone advise the width of a 1989 31-2 pedestal guard. Has anyone had experience mounting a NAVPOD housing above the compass on the guard and do you get compass deviation as a result. I am considering mounting a chartplotter and moving my autopilot readout onto one unit.

Attachments

Oct 22, 2014
Pearson P303 #221 RockPort Maine
As I do not have access to my vessel for a few months can anyone advise the width of a 1989 31-2 pedestal guard. Has anyone had experience mounting a NAVPOD housing above the compass on the guard and do you get compass deviation as a result. I am considering mounting a chartplotter and moving my autopilot readout onto one unit.
I would suggest and looking at what you have now! Change out your guard to a taller one to mount you cab's. This will give you height to adjust for "maybe" problems. However, I haven't used my compass for Year's.. lol GPS on radio and Garmin has taken over my compass needs...lol Look on Edison's site for replacing guard OR you could add to the bottom of the current one. Good Luck!

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
mine is 8-10" away from the bottom of the MFD. I didn't see any interference. modern electronics are really well secured from stray RFI. I think you would get more interference from a filament light in the binnacle than a MDF.