Registered users don't see ads

Pearson 39-2 Emergency Tiller Cover

Discussion in 'Pearson' started by inprin, May 11, 2017. Add this thread to a FAQ

1. inprin

inprin

Joined Sep 9, 2014
    7 posts, 1 likes
    Pearson 39-2
    US New Bern
    My plastic, pry out deckplate over the emergency tiller on stern seat is about done and has started to leak. Plastic all cracked and falling apart. It measures 3.5" ID. I can't find any 3.5", only 4" replacements. Would rather not widen the existing hole. Any sources I can look at?

2. NYSail

NYSail

Joined Jan 6, 2006
    1,447 posts, 31 likes
    Beneteau 423
    US Mt. Sinai, NY
    On my old 36-2 I cut a peice of wood as a collar, attached that to the hull and then attached the new access plate.

3. StargazerP303

StargazerP303

Joined Oct 22, 2014
    121 posts, 13 likes
    Pearson P303 #221
    US RockPort Maine
    Tiller Fixer Hole.jpg
    Here's what you can do and for me.. I found after removing the old one I found ROT starting at core. I do however recommend the use of BED-IT to seal good. Just make sure the drain plug is a tight fit and adjustable for you. Hope this helps. I do not know dia of your pipe for the tiller bar but, as I stated you can CUT to fit. Best Regards StarGazer.

4. inprin

inprin

Joined Sep 9, 2014
    7 posts, 1 likes
    Pearson 39-2
    US New Bern
    Yes I found rot too. That has all been repaired now, which is prompting my search for a better cover. Surprised to see the amount of glass and plywood layup. 4 layers. I will investigate the plumbing option. Thanks.

Turn any toilet into a Raritan for a fraction of the cost
The Raritan LBA matches your existing bowl with the pump/plumbing of a PHII or PHC. save!
Leaky Lewmar ports?
Start by replacing lens gaskets in stock now
Teak companionway doors
Amazing artisan quality, custom made to fit your boat.
NEW, updated Get Rid of Boat Odors
The bible of marine toilets and plumbing, expanded and updated for 2016!