Discussion in 'S2' started by avariale, Aug 20, 2014. Add this thread to a FAQ

1. avariale

avariale

Joined Jul 23, 2014
    11 posts, 0 likes
    s2 7.3
    US sebago lake
    Gentleman and ladies,

New owner of a gorgeous 1979 S2 7.3. Sorting everything this year and over the winter and will be commissioning spring 2015. Boat is missing a couple of things (vang, genoa blocks) and outhaul rig.

My boom has no hole in the side or sheave at the end. All that is there is a small swivel block. I am ready to invent something appropriate (short of holes and sheaves).

Can someone with the original boom config take a picture and show me how the 7.3 outhaul is rigged?

Thank you all in advance.
    Tony (Sebago Lake, Maine)

2. avariale

avariale

Joined Jul 23, 2014
    11 posts, 0 likes
    s2 7.3
    US sebago lake
    Finally found a picture showing the outhaul configuration. Never mind.

3. sknrzgirl

sknrzgirl

Joined Apr 5, 2014
    14 posts, 0 likes
    S2 7.3 Meter
    US Gladstone
    Your 7.3 ...Do you have a trailer for it? we have the 4 foot draft 1984 and need to fabricate a trailer ...looking for specs. .. plans... measurements... I will be checking back here often or text 906361sail (7245)

Thanks Todd and Angel

4. avariale

avariale

Joined Jul 23, 2014
    11 posts, 0 likes
    s2 7.3
    US sebago lake
    I am trying to send you a text, but am having difficulty this morning.. text me your email address to 516-695-2376 and I will send a really good picture and some measurements.

5. Phil Rysdon

Phil Rysdon

Joined Apr 25, 2015
    1 posts, 0 likes
    S2 9.2
    US Yankton, SD
    Lost outhaul line in boom on my 9.2. Can see sheave attached to wire rope outhaul. How does one attach a new line to this assembly without taking boom ends off which are immovable. Where is outhaul line attached? Inside the boom? Configuration photo?
    Phil

6. Darryl074

Darryl074

Joined Oct 30, 2012
    1 posts, 0 likes
    Does anyone have pictures? My s2 didn't have any lines in the boom.

7. WRobRich

WRobRich

Joined Sep 17, 2017
    14 posts, 0 likes
    Pearson 28-2
    Un washington nc
    My '79 7.3 has reefing and outhaul lines inside the boom. They used to exit at the gooseneck, under two cam cleats until I led them to a turning block at the mast base, thence to new line stoppers forward of the port cabin-top winch. Easy to adjust and winch if necessary.

8. topcat0399

topcat0399

Joined Aug 22, 2011
    1,106 posts, 128 likes
    MacGregor Venture V224
    US Cheeseland

Awesome that you are trying to help these fine folks but something tells me that your audience evaporated over 3 years ago.....

9. WRobRich

WRobRich

Joined Sep 17, 2017
    14 posts, 0 likes
    Pearson 28-2
    Un washington nc
    TopCat, I know you are going by the thread dates, and yes, no one may benefit, but we S2 owners keep an eye on such stuff.

Stainless documentation placard
Who said a documentation placard cant be beautiful? Brushed stainless with laser-fused numerals.
Gray ports and parts
The most popular port on boats built from the 70s into the 90s.
Mainsail covers
Pre-patterned mainsail covers to fit your boat
Sail Trim Chart and Guide
When it comes to sailing, as basic as salt and pepper and just as indispensable!
-->