Registered users don't see ads

New Sovereign forum

Discussion in 'Sovereign' started by Phil Herring, Jan 16, 2019. Add this thread to a FAQ

1. Phil Herring

Phil Herring Dethroned Admin

Joined Mar 25, 1997
    4,413 posts, 324 likes
    US Bainbridge Island
    Thanks to a suggestion from @garyhaworth we have a new forum for Sovereign sailboats. If you own one, get in here and make yourself known!

2. garyhaworth

garyhaworth

Joined Sep 26, 2012
    2 posts, 1 likes
    Hunter 31
    US Lynch Station
    Well, Phil, I don't actually own a Sovereign just yet. That will change on Tuesday. I'm buying a Sovereign 23 in very good condition. I looked at a lot of boats, starting with a Herreshoff Eagle 22, but decided I would rather saul than sand and varnish. I'll try to drive some traffic to the forum. Thanks for creating it.

3. Kermit

Kermit

Joined Jul 31, 2010
    4,965 posts, 2,210 likes
    Hunter 260
    US Lake Murray Sailing Club, SC
    Silly me. I thought you meant independent. As in Sovereign State.

Will Gilmore likes this.
  4. Will Gilmore

Will Gilmore

Joined Oct 19, 2017
    4,164 posts, 2,110 likes
    O'Day 19
    US Littleton, NH
    Since I had no idea what a Sovereign sailboat was, I found a nice little brochure for Sovereign Yachts that looks pretty interesting. I especially like the looks of the Sovereign Bay Hen 21' looks like a sharpie.[​IMG]
    But then there's this 36 meter yacht. I'm guessing this one isn't what you had in mind, though.
    [​IMG]

-Will (Dragonfly)

garyhaworth and Tom J like this.
  5. garyhaworth

garyhaworth

Joined Sep 26, 2012
    2 posts, 1 likes
    Hunter 31
    US Lynch Station
    Interesting that the flyer doesn't show the Sovereign 23. I'll admit, Sovereign wasn't my first choice. I needed something trailerable as the lake that I live on has no facilities for hoisting boats, or stepping a mast. I first looked at a very nice Herreshoff Eagle 22 but she had deteriorated over the past year and did not want to spend next summer sanding and varnishing. My second choice was a Com-Pac 23/3 but there are few to be found and after talking with a few people it looked like launching from a trailer could be a problem. Enter the Sovereign 23. I found one in great shape with lots of extra equipment, ready to float off the trailer and go sailing. Picking her up Tuesday, then getting some pilings installed to secure my dock.
    Sov23 Profile.jpg

Will Gilmore likes this.

Gray Enterprises port gasket
Stop winter leaks. Compare our price!
Flexible steel chafe pads
Innovative new product made of flexible, laser cut stainless steel. Must see!
Sail Trim Chart and Guide
When it comes to sailing, as basic as salt and pepper and just as indispensable!
Turn any toilet into a Raritan for a fraction of the cost
The Raritan LBA matches your existing bowl with the pump/plumbing of a PHII or PHC. save!