NEEDED: SAILING COMMUNITY TO HELP CHARITY

• Thread starter matthewpierson@hotmail.com
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

matthewpierson@hotmail.com

I need help from someone within the sailing community. Here's the deal: I am attempting to put a syndicate together to race in the Mackinac in the summer of 2000 to raise money for a charity. I have an experienced sailing crew with a National Champion from the Naval Academy, who also happens to be a Naval aviator, as our most likely skipper. I can raise the money and find the crew. I also have access to media outlets, and I am currently working on getting a sattelite hook up so that we can email daily from the boat race to the people that the charity benefits so they will receive more than just money. With the right computer, a scanner, and a camera, we can put them in the race. Here's the problem: There is exactly 366 days until the next Mackinac Sailboat Race from Chicago to Michigan, and I need a boat at least 30' in length. One of you out there must know someone, who knows someone who can point me in the right direction on either finding someone to donate a boat for the week or lease it to us. Gentlemen, I have been involved in rowing competitively, and members of my family have taken part in numerous sailing regattas, and if there's one thing I have learned its that both of these sports are filled with people who care and can make things happen. This is a special cause and even if you can't help, please forward this to anyone who might be able to help me. matthewpierson@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.