Need a centerboard for a H23.5

Jun 3, 2004
Hunter 23.5 Cape Cod, Ma.
Then isn't it more accurate to say that most of that $2k charge was for tying up the lift? That's a very different thing than being charged $2k labor. Seems to me that the latter version unfairly paints the marina in an unfavorable light. I'm guessing that there was some reason that the marina couldn't put the boat on a stand...
Hey Prop Head,
1.) The labor was for machining new bushing's for the centerboard and glassing them in place as well as mechining a new delrin sheave for the housing as well as machining new pivot pins for the board, and CB bracket sheave , installing the board with new uphaul lines etc. Also repairing the centerboard trumk damage by glassing over the five inch hole created when the board broke off, new bottom paint,shipping charge's for the new board from Fla. to Massachusetts etc.

2,) The boat WAS on stands but the owner of the yard also kept the straps and lift attached for further safety of himself and his employees when working under a 2000 boat. SAFETY FIRST !

3.) Your remark "Seems to me that the latter version unfairly paints the marina in an unfavorable light" is without merit. After all the loss of use time and expense, this repair failed on the first launch when the board was lowered. Therefore I paint the owner who performed the work in the light he deserved.

4.) Luckily I had full insurance coverage by Boats U.S company who paid everything but the $200. deductable.

Here is a photo of the nice clean hole caused by the center board pivot pin dislodging. The pin was found inside the hole. There was another 5 inch hole in the hull where the front of the trunk meets the hull.

Attachments

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Spoke with Mike in Cape Cod. He sold his 23.5 to a young fellow who had only liability and no comprehensive to cover damage. Boat caught in severe storm with loss of centerboard, mast, rigging and some other things. The young fellow wants to repair. The cost of rigging, mast, centerboard, etc to include shipping and labor exceeds value of boat. I told Mike to advise whom he talked with, give the young my Name and contact info. For reasons that I told Mike to back out
As the boat belongs to someone else