Mid Winter Blues

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
you are more than welcome to dine at our table.
No frogs allowed accept if on a platter of fried legs; yum. We used to gig them at night with a flashlight in the Willapa River basin. Tastes just like chicken.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
@Will Gilmore If you come out west, and I hope you do like the pioneers before you, bring some of the wood working stuff.:biggrin: We have a Saturday Market at the Marina.. You could call it a business trip and write the whole adventure of on your taxes...:liar:
Be advised you will be in some tough country. Les has a skill or two with wood working.
Exhibit 1... Inlaid wood companion way boards. A special memory for my boat.
Boards.JPG

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Be advised you will be in some tough country. Les has a skill or two with wood working.
Thanks for the advise, js. I've seen that example of Les' work. He showed it off on my Hatch Board thread. Excellent work.
I would very much like to get out that way some day. My old high school kayak coach moved to Seattle when he took a job with the IEEE and one of my classmates took a job out there for this little startup company that was writing the operating systems for the new IBM personal computers back in the 80s. I think their name was Micro??? Software? No, yes, it was Microsoft. He's now a executive in that company. I think that is suppose to be a "big deal" or something.

Anyhow, I visited Seattle when I was a kid just out of third grade. The slopes of Mount Rainer was the first time I ever saw snow falling from the sky.

- Will (Dragonfly)