Mechanic needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mike

I returned from a sail recently, and when I opened the hatch found the cabin full of light smoke from the Universal M25. I have no idea how to find a reputable mechanic to fix the engine, and I dont know the reputation of the boatyard here. I am in Liberty Landing Marina, Jersey City, New Jersey. Could anyone help? Thanks

G

Gary

smoke in engine

Same experience with my M25 engine ocurred in June. The problem was the mixing elbo. This is where the exhaust comes off the engine (3 bolts) rises and crosses to port and goes thru a mixing elbo decending and going thru a hose (1 7/8 inch with two clamps) before going into the muffler.. Remove the engine cover then the teak bulk-head to access the area. Its really not too bad. Soap up the hose when re.placing. I made an access door for future replacement. You can email me if you want to have assistance in the replacement....Good luck just place an answer with your address..Gary

P

patrick e. boole

kabota

your universal engine is a kabota tractor engine. go to a local kabota tractor dealer and you will get the best service and repair. the rest of the marine mechanics go to kabota for parts and are not trained in the repair of them.

G

Local suggestion

I have a catalina 30 and am at Newport Marina in Jersey City. Try Pat's Diesel located on the pier at Newport. Pat is often hard to catch there since he covers a large area but ask Iris or Craig in the Marina office for help. Pat helped me with a problem I had and I found him to be good and fairly priced.

Status
Not open for further replies.