Location of the Speed & Depth Transducer on H310

JScho

Jun 14, 2017
Hunter 310 Catawba Island, OH
I'm planning on replacing my speed transducer on my 2000 Hunter 310. I'm an hour away from my boat right now and I was wondering if anyone can tell me where I access my transducers from inside the salon? Is there a ready access available from inside? TIA for any info.

Tim22

Jun 16, 2014
Hunter 310 Ottawa
the speed is in the floor compartment on the starboard side of the compression post. Depth is in the port compartment. Very easy the floor sections just lift out.

Tim

JScho

Jun 14, 2017
Thanks Tim! I will take a look. I don't remember removable floor sections to the port and starboard of the mast like the bilge access panels to stern of the mast. One would think you would need ready access to the speed transducer for service and cleaning. Are the floor sections attached with screws or just gravity? Also is there a wiring chase diagram available for the Hunter 310? I'm wondering how the transducer wiring runs to the instrument panel over the hatch.

Tim22

Jun 16, 2014
Hunter 310 Ottawa
Interesting you should ask as I just replaced one of the cables last year. There is a drawing in the owner’s manual which is available at https://hunter.sailboatowners.com/dl/downloads.php?task=model&mid=26&model=310

The floor boards are not screwed down and lift out exactly the same as the bilge ones. (See attached photo). The wiring runs in a plastic conduit under the cabin sole, through the port setee and into the cabinet in the head. From there it runs up behind the mirror cabinet and into a conduit that runs just forward of the head compartment and exits at the removable ceiling plate that is just outside the head door. From here it runs up through the deck into the instrument panel through a short plastic tube.

The cable run is pretty easy until you get to the plastic conduit behind the head mirror. This conduit is totally filled so if you are running new wires you will either need to remove some old ones or find an alternate route.

Hope this helps
Tim

Attachments

JScho

Jun 14, 2017
Thanks Tim! Awesome information. I did not have the instrument drawing in my manuals and the link you gave me for manuals in much more complete and clear than the digital manuals I downloads last year. You are a wealth of information. I really appreciate this forum and your help!!