Registered users don't see ads

Lancer 44 Motor

Discussion in 'Lancer' started by Future Lancer Owner, Jan 9, 2014. Add this thread to a FAQ

1. Future Lancer Owner

Future Lancer Owner

Joined Jan 9, 2014
    2 posts, 0 likes
    Lancer 44
    au Melbourne
    After many years of power boating I have set my mind on buying a sailboat, after looking around on the internet I like the idea of the lancer 44 Motorsailer with twin 50hp engines.
    I believe the fuel consumption is good and the sailing ability is good and is it good enough for blue water sailing.
    Can I get some feed back on this model Lancer.

2. BetsieBay

BetsieBay

Joined Aug 10, 2014
    3 posts, 0 likes
    Lancer 44 Pilothouse Motorsailer
    US Michigan Frankfort, MI
    We have had one for about 2 years now. Our twin 50's let us cruise at about 7.5 kts under power alone, and fuel consumption is not bad. The Perkins diesels are 35 years old though, and we're having them rebuilt this winter. Compression was low on all cylinders and really bad on two, so it's time. We may get a bit better speed with the engines back up to specs.

3. Future Lancer Owner

Future Lancer Owner

Joined Jan 9, 2014
    2 posts, 0 likes
    Lancer 44
    au Melbourne
    Hi BetsieBay I have now purchased a 1982 Lancer 44 called Saundra Gail (Video On You Tube)
    We purchased her in December, a very unloved boat with lots of repairs.
    After searching for 5 years Saundra Gail became available in Hobart, Tasmania.
    I have been trying to get her seaworthy so I can bring it back to Melbourne, Australia
    Are any of the inside and outside mouldings still available,

4. Hayabusa

Hayabusa

Joined Apr 19, 2017
    1 posts, 0 likes
    Pugh 40
    Au Hobart Hobart
    Hi future Lancer owner,
    How did you go with your trip north from Hobart?
    I've been looking for one of these Lancer 44s for a couple of months. Coincidentally I'm in Hobart myself. Wondering how you're finding the boat.
    M

Too hot? INSTANT BIMINI ESTIMATES
Low prices, custom fit, no-wait estimates
NEW, updated Get Rid of Boat Odors
The bible of marine toilets and plumbing, expanded and updated for 2016!
Leaky Lewmar ports?
Start by replacing lens gaskets in stock now
Winch covers
Any brand, every size, any color!