Registered users don't see ads

Hunter 380 Inverter/Charger replacement

Discussion in 'Ask A Hunter Owner' started by PowerWinch, Aug 26, 2017. Add this thread to a FAQ

1. PowerWinch

PowerWinch

Joined Aug 17, 2017
    1 posts, 0 likes
    Hunter 380
    US Fort Pierce, Fl Fort Pierce, Fl
    My Freedom 20 that came with the boat only puts out 90 volts when inverting. I'm looking at 2000w replacements, but the space under the port settee is limited. Magnum and Go power pure sine inverter/chargers are two I've been looking at. They are bigger than the Freedom 20. The installation manuals for them call for more room for ventilation than is currently available under the settee. Perhaps I need to modify the space to make more room for ventilation and still keep it separate from the batteries.

What have 380 owners done to replace their Freedom 20s? Which units have you used?

2. M_Michaels

M_Michaels

Joined Feb 17, 2013
    32 posts, 1 likes
    Hunter 380
    US Port Clinton, Ohio Port Clinton, Ohio
    I installed a Victron Multi-Plus Compact 12/2000/80 inverter in my Hunter 380. Mounted it on the bulkhead wall in the forward closet. That keeps it away from the batteries. Great warranty on these units. I can start and run my AC unit on the hook with just a Honda portable generator. The Victron kicks in and adds the needed amps to start my AC unit.

3. artboas

artboas

Joined Jun 1, 2009
    943 posts, 23 likes
    Hunter 49
    ca toronto
    Go with Magnum
    Excellent high quality unit.

4. Maine Sail

Maine Sail Moderator

Joined Feb 6, 1998
    10,313 posts, 296 likes
    Canadian Sailcraft 36T
    US Casco Bay, ME
    Bingo!

5. The Book of Sail

The Book of Sail

Joined Sep 2, 2017
    3 posts, 0 likes
    Hunter 356
    Us Tampa Apollo beach
    If you would like to buy a Freedom 20 Charger Inverter, I have one to sell. Charges at 100 Amps, inverts at 2000 watts. I have the controler to it too. I'm in Tampa
    The Book of Sail aka "The Book"

6. Hunter Ad Bot

Hunter Ad Bot

Joined Oct 27, 2016
    0 posts, 6 likes
    US Seattle
    Legend-era interior teak oil

[​IMG]
    This is the factory teak oil used on the interior of the Legend-era boats. In stock for fast shipment.
    See the product

Legend-era interior teak oil
Hunter's original interior teak finish on many boats from the 90's and earlier.
Hunter strainers and filters
For engines, gensets, AC, and more.
Hunter props, shafts, struts, and cutless bearings
Power train parts for most every Hunter model, most in stock for fast shipment.
Replacement in-deck solar panel
Improved for greater output, this is a drop-in replacement. Trim ring available, too.