Hunter 26/260 shore power

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Several folks asked for photos where I use to install shore power on the 26/260.
Regarding the shore power inlet years ago (before the smart plug), I chose to put that power inlet on the inside of either the port or starboard locker. First I wanted that out of inclement weather and secondly so it would not be hit on the outside of the boat. You have to be careful though inside the locker. The shore power chord easily slipped underneath the lid when closed without being pinched as there was enough clearance.

The second photo shows the breaker and first outlet on the right side of the galley since it was a flat surface. On the inside of that cabinent, I made a cover box and the line going to the box was encapsulated by the split plum or black corrugated tubing. This allowed easy access to turn off the switch plus being out of the way vs. way back on the rear berth wall.

A second outlet with GFI was placed to the right side of the galley. A third outlet was placed forward in the cabin with a fourth in the head. I hope this answers what I did in a previous post.

The photos were supplied by Kermit. Thank you Mr. Kermit

Attachments

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Yep

That is exactly how mine is.

Way to go Dave!

Doug J

May 2, 2005
Hunter 26 Oceanside, CA
I would recommend adding a 15 or 20 amp breaker to the available open spot on the AC panel. It would be very easy to add. I see there is a GFCI, it should be the first in the string. It's not a good idea to have all the outlets at 30 amp. The 30 amp breaker should only be used as the main.

Last edited: