How Old Test

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
An old book that today's parents should read and give to their children: Where DidYou Go, Out; What Did You Do, Nothing.
We used to go to the bus stop an hour before the bus was supposed to pick us up. We spent that time running around in various games that sometimes brought us as close to the school as the bus let us off. We often had to run back to the bus stop to catch the bus to take us to the school we were already at.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
We often had to run back to the bus stop to catch the bus to take us to the school we were already at.
When I lived at Clearwater Marina, the bus stopped a mile up the causeway and a mile in island. My brothers and I could pick whichever direction we felt like walking. The bus passed right by the marina parking lot between the two stops. We were the only kids at either stop. My parents had to appeal to the school board (probably "donate" money) to get them to stop in between. This was after two years of appeals.

- Will (Dragonfly)

May 23, 2016
Catalina 22 #12502 BSC
walked a mile each way to/from school, unheard of these days...(and no backpack to carry books either)...

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Back in the day, we walked a half mile through the forest to get to the train station. Rode the train for 30 minute. Walked to the bus stop or to the school (2 miles - to save the fare for snacks after school).
Now a days parents are challenged if the kid walks a block to the park.

May 12, 2004
Hunter Cherubini 30 New Port Richey
Mom would say, "Go outside and I don't want to see you until the street lights come on." Now it's " Where are you? I don't see you." A :sosad: commentary on what we've become.

Jun 23, 2013
Beneteau 373 Newport
I remember them all
But, also, when I got my drivers license my dad had a Studebaker - greatest car for the drive in movies - move over to the passenger side with date and reach down and pull the lever- seat back dropped to level with the back seat
Also, how about a wire recorder for music