Forum questions, comments, and complaints

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
How can I post images right side up? I'm hosting on dropbox. When I post links, this site rotates the images; not always, but sometimes. It's very frustrating. Any help is appreciated.

Here's an example. This appears 'correct' on dropbox and on my computer, but appears rotated 90º left on this site.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
I can't say for sure, but sometimes that happens when the image is too large and is right up against the limits of the server. Also, FWIW, I encourage everyone to upload their images along with the forum post. If 4 or 5 or 6 years from now you dump Dropbox or they change their policies about third party serving, we end up with a bunch of broken images in the forum.

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
I can't say for sure, but sometimes that happens when the image is too large and is right up against the limits of the server. Also, FWIW, I encourage everyone to upload their images along with the forum post. If 4 or 5 or 6 years from now you dump Dropbox or they change their policies about third party serving, we end up with a bunch of broken images in the forum.
Thanks. I didn't know uploading images was an option!

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Fail. I created a media album. I uploaded three images. It appeared to work, with image thumbnails appearing. Then, I tried to embed an image in a post and got "You have not added any media yet. Add Media." I went to my album, and it is empty.

Now what?

Feb 20, 2011
Island Packet 35 Tucson, AZ/San Carlos, MX
To whom it may concern...there seems to be a small problem with the posting code, causing double posts, especially noticeable in the Picture Contest thread.
You hit the "Post Reply" button, and although the post gets posted, the Post Reply button seems to indicate that you've not posted.
Hope this makes sense. :poke:

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I confirm the problem stated by Justsomeguy. Experienced it a couple of times. The message typed is not cleared after posting. The posted message does not show up. Leave the forum and come back the message is still there waiting to be posted.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Well, that's definitely odd. Nothing has changed here and that data showing up in the reply field is a javascript task, so I suspect it's a cookie problem. First thing to try is logging out, then logging in again. Let's see if that helps.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Sorry, one more question: is this the reply field at the bottom of the page, or the "Reply w/Quote" field that is linked from each reply?

Feb 20, 2011
Sorry, one more question: is this the reply field at the bottom of the page, or the "Reply w/Quote" field that is linked from each reply?
HP Pavillion g series laptop, w7, Firefox.
I'm posting this from my POS iPad2 to check its function, too.

Yep, did it again. Reply w/quote field linked.

Feb 20, 2011
Here's another. Will edit if it still happens, but I think Phil's got it under control now.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Looks like there was a bug and I think we have it isolated and fixed. Please let me know if this shows up again. Thanks to Justsomeguy for letting us know about it!