Forum questions, comments, and complaints

noon

Feb 25, 2016
Hunter 37 Chicago
Should the information from my profile automatically populate the Owners Directory or do I need to somehow add myself to the directory if I want to be added? I don't seem to be showing up in the directory and don't see a way to add myself. I recall several years ago there being some talk about adding HIN's too, but don't see that as a field -- was that feature discarded? Thanks for the help.

noon

Feb 25, 2016
Hunter 37 Chicago
Thanks Phil. It looks like there might be an issue with the link, though -- when you click on my userid in the owners directory, it does not go to my profile -- same with the entry right below mine, though he rest appear to be working.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Hi Phil, several years ago I posted an article with photos in the "42, Boat Info" tab regarding "Portable Boarding Step". There is my article about the boarding step, but the photos have disappeared. Any chance you can recover them?

Mar 28, 2015
Macgregor 25 Cherry Creek
How do I delete duplicate posts? I accidentally duplicate, ok triplicate posted a new topic. In my attempts to delete them they reposted. I tried under edit but no option to delete. Help please.

Feb 20, 2011
Island Packet 35 Tucson, AZ/San Carlos, MX
Hmm, should be a delete option along the bottom of every one of your posts.
Clicking it will result in an option to either delete or cancel deletion.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
No problem, I cleaned it up. There should be a "delete" link at the bottom of the post. However, IIRC there is a time limit of 30 minutes or so, after which the link goes away.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
Mine will be the easiest to spot. You'll only have to count to 1.

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
Hey, Phil: I was looking for some info on a Hunter (like home port, etc.) I went to the seach owners on Sailboatowners (since I was in Forums) and it shows all the information and has a search button, but it won't let me enter any information. I went to Hunterowners and it appears to only allow searches within models. Obviously, I am missing something...
PS: it shows I am logged in.

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
That's it. Now I'm able to input data. I notice it doesn't have a boat brand sort. I assume that's a PITA. Anyhow, thanks. Don't know what the issue was yesterday.

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Missing the little counter numbers, Phil.. Wha Happened? The counters that showed how many folks had looked at and how many replies there were?

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
All fixed now ! In the old Legacy screen listing posts/answers, the right side screen was overlapping the left side and hiding the numbers.. Looks fine right now.

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
Phil,
Looking for a way to report this issue but this is the only way I found.
I marked an item as Sold in the Classified Gear section. Now somebody wants to buy my "Sold". Received this PM message today. "want to buy , how do we do this ?"
User name is irish.
No posts and no likes. Joined in February this year.
Would love to make money selling my Sold but not sure if this is legit. Thought you would like to know.