Favorite sailing pic!

Apr 1, 2010
Cal 33 and Sea Pearl 21 . Crystal River, FL
a couple that i took of @Gene Neill

and a couple that he took of me

and for some reason, this is my all time favorite sailing pic (of me anyways)

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Finding La Conner WA. From the south.
My first time navigating the La Conner Channel. Narrow, busy, fun. Avoided the big logs in the stream and the shallows.

Hole in the Wall
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Finding La Conner WA. From the south.
My first time navigating the La Conner Channel. Narrow, busy, fun. Avoided the big logs in the stream and the shallows.
As a first time experience, when you're coming to the end of the channel at that point, where do I go? Then, as you say, "Hole In The Wall"! Many have run aground there because they wandered off to far to starboard, this party excluded. Glad you had fun and no running aground experiences passing through. Always a worry, especially when low tide is approaching. It appears, however, that you came through when the tide was almost in.

Oct 22, 2014
Yes. Our ride in was with more than 50% of the tide in. Had a later start from Everett due to fog in Possession Sound. Our departure was a bit more on the out going tide than I had calculated. We stayed in the center of the channel using the range market to the west. Worked great.

Dec 25, 2000
We stayed in the center of the channel using the range market to the west. Worked great.
Hi John, you mean you missed the best part...north out of the channel? :dancing: Just kidding. Almost eight miles from the Shelter Bay entrance to the north entrance buoy. Perhaps another time.

Just got back Saturday from a week in the islands. Mostly at Eagle Harbor on the east side of Cypress Island. Just love that place. Was waiting for my boating buddy to break his slip bond. He has had some medical issues and has not had his boat out of the slip for several months. Finally made it out for a rendezvous last Tuesday for a couple of days.

Always good to get out for some water time.

Oct 22, 2014
I will try the channel to Anacortes and beyond. Understand that Shelter bay has some visitor slips. Will have to try it out one of these times.

Dec 25, 2000
I will try the channel to Anacortes and beyond. Understand that Shelter bay has some visitor slips. Will have to try it out one of these times.
Great. They do and want permanent moorage customers, too. Transient guest moorage is $30/night, and but a short dinghy ride across the channel to the south end of La conner.

Jan 25, 2011
S2 11.0A Anacortes, WA
Sounds like John is on the mend..Haven't seen him in awhile...but I havent been around lately either.

Dec 25, 2000
Sounds like John is on the mend..Haven't seen him in awhile...but I havent been around lately either.
Hi Mark, yes. Still a bit of a frail look about him, but much better. Dealing with his plaque psoriasis and vertebrae infection, but on the mend, as you say. I've been pushing him to exercise and get his boat away from the slip, which should help build his strength. Slowly returning to his old cantankerous self. :dancing: