Dumb and dummer trying to win Darwin award.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 25, 2014
Catalina 27 Pasadena, Md
If you read the article that Scott T-Bird posted, it said that 1222 people snuck into Quebec last year, about as many as try to sneak into the USA each hour?

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
Last year the 19 year old lifesaver asked the marina staff on how to start the SeaDoo. Then promptly waked every boat in the marina on her way to the life guard station.
Amateur! We had an actual LEO sink a docked boat in Georgetown. Gross incompetence. He showed all indications of leaving the scene until his propeller fell off. Last I heard he was assigned to desk work.

Nov 9, 2012
Oday 192 Lake Nockamixon
Amateur! We had an actual LEO sink a docked boat in Georgetown. Gross incompetence. He showed all indications of leaving the scene until his propeller fell off. Last I heard he was assigned to desk work.
This was one of the most brutally incompetent boat operator videos I have seen.

Dec 16, 2008
Pearson 422 FL & CT
No, I think you missed the point of my rebuttal to your snide comment. Canada appears to be uneasy with illegal immigration as is the U.S. I would speculate that Canada is more strict in regard to enforcement of immigration laws than the U.S. has been. You led us into a geo-political bent with this thread, I merely responded. Obviously, it has no place in this forum.
Excuse me? The geo-political bent that I led us into? You were the one that introduced the mention of a wall into the thread. I think you missed my point.

I replied about walls but perhaps you didn't understand totally meant in jest. I certainly don't care to build walls anywhere, especially not Canada and especially not the beaches. Do you seriously think I was serious?

Sorry my attempt at humor didn't come across.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2008
Pearson 422 FL & CT
Dec 16, 2008
Pearson 422 FL & CT
Yes. Sorry. :-D
If he's French-speaking, then all is forgiven.
It's just that the irony of these types of posts really tickles me. Good natured, not scolding.
I see it a lot on the Internet, usually when someone has created a graphic to explain the "stupidity" of (insert adversarial group), and the text in the graphic is hilariously filled with errors.
I don't disagree. Amazing how often those throwing the first stone come across as perhaps not the sharpest pencil in the box. And perhaps I am overly sensitive to the issue since I'm on a few international forums and occasionally see someone's English skills criticized.

Not to mention I have to bite my tongue to avoid turning into a grammar policeman (policeperson). Don't get me started on all the misspellings and very basic grammar errors that drive me batty. Your vs you're. Their, there, they're. Less vs fewer.

Oct 29, 2016
Hunter 41 DS Port Huron
Don't get me started on all the misspellings and very basic grammar errors that drive me batty. Your vs you're. Their, there, they're. Less vs fewer.
They have medication for this, so either you have forgotten to take your daily dosage or you haven't found a doctor who prescribes it yet, either way you really shouldn't sweat the small stuff.

As for Toronto, you would be just as likely to come across a Chinese speaking resident as a French speaking one.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 23.5 Fort Walton Yacht Club, Florida
Here'd be a real kicker to the original story.

The two girls rescued from being run down by the cruise ship were visiting from Canada.

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
Look, folks, just because we enacted a national policy to disallow green entrants ( @Kermit ) isn't grounds to bash the whole place! :)
Maybe not maybe.

Oct 26, 2008
Catalina 320 Barnegat, NJ
Excuse me? The geo-political bent that I led us into? You were the one that introduced the mention of a wall into the thread. I think you missed my point.

I replied about walls but perhaps you didn't understand totally meant in jest. I certainly don't care to build walls anywhere, especially not Canada and especially not the beaches. Do you seriously think I was serious?

Sorry my attempt at humor didn't come across.
skipmac,
I admit that I didn't pick up on the detail that this thread is in the Sails Call Lounge or the detail about your location. Snide comments made in jest are certainly understandable in that case. (I've heard that the protocol for AAS forum is to avoid anything that approaches political commentary or humor). In this case, I can wear my thick skin and I have no problem with your remarks and intentions, so long as you have no problem with rebuttals. :waycool::waycool: (Phil, we need an emoticon for shaking hands or "kiss and make up" don't you think?)

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2008
Pearson 422 FL & CT
They have medication for this, so either you have forgotten to take your daily dosage or you haven't found a doctor who prescribes it yet, either way you really shouldn't sweat the small stuff.

As for Toronto, you would be just as likely to come across a Chinese speaking resident as a French speaking one.
Well I try to not sweat the small stuff which is one reason I didn't actually go online and complain about a specific post's grammar. I do notice but hope I've reached the point that it passes on by.

Must be a lot of Chinese in Toronto since I have two French Canadian friends that live or have lived there. But as I mentioned, both probably speak better English than I do. After all I do speak a southern dialect of American English which I found in the past was not always clearly understood in some places like Boston or NYC. :biggrin:

Dec 16, 2008
Pearson 422 FL & CT
skipmac,
I admit that I didn't pick up on the detail that this thread is in the Sails Call Lounge or the detail about your location. Snide comments made in jest are certainly understandable in that case. (I've heard that the protocol for AAS forum is to avoid anything that approaches political commentary or humor). In this case, I can wear my thick skin and I have no problem with your remarks and intentions, so long as you have no problem with rebuttals. :waycool::waycool: (Phil, we need an emoticon for shaking hands or "kiss and make up" don't you think?)
Hey, I'm fine. Have spent way too much time on the internet to let anything but a major, personal flaming even get my attention. I just didn't want to create any ill feelings on this forum.

If you do any SCUBA diving you might have seen some of the wars between various factions a few years ago. Cave divers in particular were pretty vicious and due to my involvement in the sport I was occasionally collateral damage.

And maybe I shouldn't be too lazy about putting little smiley thingies around. I am very aware that humor (my humor?) doesn't always come across clearly online. Almost got banned from another forum when I posted a joke to a friend of mine that has a Hunter. He had put up with a lot of Hunter bashing but was no slouch at giving it back. So I posted something like Hunters are such garbage boats they should all be taken off the water, chopped up with a chain saw and dumped in a landfill. He was amused but another former Hunter owner was quite incensed, thought I was serious. Shoulda put a smiley on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.