Registered users don't see ads

Custom C-22 Stainless Anchor Roller

Discussion in 'Catalina 22' started by Rltgold, Jul 5, 2018. Add this thread to a FAQ

1. Rltgold

Rltgold

Joined Mar 2, 2018
    71 posts, 22 likes
    Catalina Wing Keel
    Minnie US San Diego

2. Gene Neill

Gene Neill

Joined Sep 30, 2013
    2,523 posts, 1,033 likes
    C-22, Albin Vega
    US central Florida
    Is the boat a new design, or a Mk II? It will make a difference in what comes next. :)

3. Rltgold

Rltgold

Joined Mar 2, 2018
    71 posts, 22 likes
    Catalina Wing Keel
    Minnie US San Diego
    1989 Catalina 22 wing keel

4. Gene Neill

Gene Neill

Joined Sep 30, 2013
    2,523 posts, 1,033 likes
    C-22, Albin Vega
    US central Florida
    Okay, that makes it a "new design", same as mine. I started with this roller and customized it to fit my bow: https://www.catalinadirect.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=927

That CD roller is, in my humble opinion, very flimsy and very poorly designed. You're in for a bit of a project if you want a quality, custom roller, but IT IS AWESOME when it's done. I'll help you any way I can. Here's some reading to get you started.

https://forums.sailboatowners.com/index.php?threads/c22-anchor-roller-am-i-crazy.173642/

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  5. Rltgold

Rltgold

Joined Mar 2, 2018
    71 posts, 22 likes
    Catalina Wing Keel
    Minnie US San Diego
    Thanks for the heads up on the CD Roller. Sounds like fabricating one might be the best option. I do think you need to up your game on the brand of bourbon though.

6. Gene Neill

Gene Neill

Joined Sep 30, 2013
    2,523 posts, 1,033 likes
    C-22, Albin Vega
    US central Florida
    No help for you then! Get off my old thread, ya bum! :kick:

Actually ... I did discover Woodford Reserve recently. It's a slice of pure heaven, but more than twice the price of Jim Beam. The best I can do is keep a bottle of it in the liquor cabinet for special occasions. :(

7. Rltgold

Rltgold

Joined Mar 2, 2018
    71 posts, 22 likes
    Catalina Wing Keel
    Minnie US San Diego
    Check out Restless Sprits in Kansas City, they are one of my clients. Great sprits. Thanks for the heads up ! I will have to make something myself

8. dLj

dLj

Joined Mar 23, 2017
    278 posts, 86 likes
    Hunter 30
    US Snug Harbor, Lake Champlain
    You may wish to try Angels Envy. Pretty well priced and very nice bourbon! Another well priced nice bourbon is Colonel E. H. Taylor Small Batch - also quite well priced for what it is... Both are in the ball park of the Woodford Reserve, which is also on my list of very nice bourbons! :stir:

dj

9. Rltgold

Rltgold

Joined Mar 2, 2018
    71 posts, 22 likes
    Catalina Wing Keel
    Minnie US San Diego
    Hi Gene, Id like to see photos of what you came up with...

10. Hardhead

Hardhead

Joined Apr 11, 2017
    233 posts, 78 likes
    Catalina C22
    US Solomon's Island, MD

11. Gene Neill

Gene Neill

Joined Sep 30, 2013
    2,523 posts, 1,033 likes
    C-22, Albin Vega
    US central Florida
    It's boring as hell. All it does is set instantly, every single time, and never budge.

@Rltgold , you mean pics of the completed roller setup? Most of what I have is in the last couple pages of the thread I linked, I think there's a video in there too. Here's one I don't think I posted...

[​IMG]

And here's one showing the DIY offset roller I came up with, by sanding one side down and adding a starboard spacer on the other side:

[​IMG]

12. Rltgold

Rltgold

Joined Mar 2, 2018
    71 posts, 22 likes
    Catalina Wing Keel
    Minnie US San Diego
    Hi Gene, thanks for that. it says it all. What mods did you have to do to the bigger roller to get it to work on your boat?
    PS My boat is currently in Oxnard and I am in San Diego till next week. I need a measurement of the inside of the cockpit at the back of the stern under the traveler.
    Are you anywhere near your boat to be able to give me a height and width? Thanks !

Sail Trim Chart and Guide
When it comes to sailing, as basic as salt and pepper and just as indispensable!
NEW rigid hatch covers
Hatch protection like never before. Tough, secure, installs in seconds.
Stainless documentation placard
Who said a documentation placard cant be beautiful? Brushed stainless with laser-fused numerals.
Noflex Sewage Treatment
Treat sludge and odor problems in holding tanks.