Contoure built-in coffee machine

May 4, 2012
Hunter 45DS Toronto
312EFCFC-9939-4BF7-8FC4-BAF1A43F4439.jpeg
Hi. I have a hunter 45DS with a built in Contoure coffee machine. Well it just stopped working. I have not been able to find a replacement unit. Has anyone got any tips on repair or know where I can get a replacement of the same size?

Murray

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
It says " currently unavailable " when you hit the back arrow. Not very good reviews. Some nice tambour and it would make a clean storage place.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I know Murray. I asked if this is the item you seek. I did not say it was the source for you to buy one. If it is what you seek then it allows someone to narrow the search. The link provides details to be used to help with the search that were not provided in your original message.
Product information
Package Dimensions 13 x 13 x 11 inches

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
This appears to be exactly the problem in this throw away society in which we live now. If the heating element is ok, it would be possible to cobble the electronics from another one, but it would certainly require some craftiness.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Yep, gone are the days of the Emmetts and their 'fix-it' shops. Doesn't help that labor is so expensive.

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
Why a builder would build-in a coffee maker is beyond me.

Aug 1, 2011
Why a builder would build-in a coffee maker is beyond me.
Artistry. We looked at the recessed lighting in a boat at the show last year and thought the same thing. It may have been led lighting, but everything has a MTBF rating.

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
I imagine it's a lot easier to replace a lighting fixture with something similar or close, than a built-in coffee maker, which to me seems somewhat obscure.

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Bad thing is that no one seems to make a "front service" unit.. I had one of the old GE under cabinet units and used it for years..Its problem is that it is a "hotplate" unit. I would probably buy a thermal carafe and immediately pour the coffee into that to not have to keep power to the hotplate. Not a problem if on shore power. The old GE did fine until house burned.. another option might be a little roll out shelf with the coffee maker firmly attached so that it could be pulled out to put in grounds and water.. That would make many current makers useful in that space or in that space after modification. Some way to lock the shelf closed would have to be thought out..
https://www.amazon.com/Slide-Shelf-...&keywords=roll+out+shelf+for+kitchen+cabinets

Oct 22, 2014
JV... I think it was dealer bling. Cheap to put in expensive to sell. It is my observation that boat marketing like RV's try to give the image that being on the boat will be like being in your home kitchen only on the water. If a built in coffee maker gives that image and only costs $20-50 it is a do it item. Will be able to get another $1000 on the boat. And the cook will see it as a "Sweet feature" which may close the deal.

Jun 15, 2012
BAVARIA C57 Greenport, NY
Have the same coffeemaker. Does Hunter still install a unit on a new Hunter 50? Maybe you can get one from Hunterowners.com?

Jun 1, 2009
Hunter 49 toronto
And now for the ultimate bozo story

Yes folks, we're talking about me.
The guy with the combo microwave / coffee machine,
Yes, the same one that Hunter put into 45s & 49s
Only problem was that Kenmore (Sears) charged
Get ready for it,,,,

NINETY STINKING DOLLARS

For a 3 buck glass replacement carafe
With glass so thin you'd break it if you sneezed on it.
So, my first one lasted 2 months.
Broke it, and called Hunter with credit card in hand
"Sorry Art, you need to get it from Sears"
Now, hunter has every single part that goes into my boat. Why not the carafe?
Well, cause Sears was charging hunter 90 stinkin dollars.
And if Hunter tried to sell it to you for even half, you'd go Ape.

So, I quit my job, and decided to spend my retirement hunting down brew n wave carafes, and parts for my microwave.
I have 3 spare microwave ovens, and several carafes.
Am I crazy?
Yes,
But, when I roll out of bed in the morning, I can go to the galley half-blind, push one button, and my cafine fix is fine.
For the next 10 minutes.

Oct 22, 2014
But, when I roll out of bed in the morning, I can go to the galley half-blind, push one button, and my cafine fix is fine
One man's passion for a cup of Coffee....

Aug 1, 2011
Our coffeemaker has a stainless carafe for that very reason. :)