Registered users don't see ads

Catboat?

Discussion in 'Day Sailers' started by billorgrandpa, Jul 16, 2018. Add this thread to a FAQ

1. billorgrandpa

billorgrandpa

Joined Jul 16, 2018
    1 posts, 0 likes
    Oday 17
    Ladyslipper Us Mystic
    Did O'Day make a Catboat? I can't find much info about this 18' boat. Does anyone have more information about these?
    Thanks,
    Bill

2. Dave Groshong

Dave Groshong SBO Staff Staff Member

Joined Jan 25, 2007
    1,268 posts, 75 likes
    Catalina 22
    US Seattle
    MacGregor made the Venture Cat, do you have a picture?

3. FDL S2

FDL S2

Joined Jun 29, 2014
    112 posts, 32 likes
    S2 7.3
    US Fond du Lac

4. Sunbird22358

Sunbird22358

Joined Jun 2, 2004
    1,694 posts, 36 likes
    Oday Day Sailer
    US Wareham, MA
    O'DAY did "make" a couple of Cat-rigged boats over the years, the previously mentioned O'DAY 12 (1976-78), the Wood-Pussy (13') was built by Marscot Plastics for O'DAY in the early 1960's, but I am not aware of any 18' Catboats made/sold by O'DAY. I will check my old Yachting Magazine collection and a few old, old ads to see if maybe I'm forgetting something. On the other hand, if you actually do mean CATAMARAN instead of CATBOAT, then yes, O'day....well, not really "O'DAY", but StarCraft Sailboats, a division of Lear-Siegler Marine, which was the "Parent" Company of O'DAY in the Mid-1980's, was also the builder at that time of PRINDLE Catamarans and the Sales/Marketing/Production Office for PRINDLE was located in the Fall River, MA Plant of O'DAY. I do seem to recall there being a PRINDLE 18.

Attached Files:

5. FDL S2

FDL S2

Joined Jun 29, 2014
    112 posts, 32 likes
    S2 7.3
    US Fond du Lac
    This was my third catamaran after a Hobie 16 and a Hobie 14. Great sailing boat (like the Hobie 16-the 14 not so much) the port hull had a leak and would take on water on a starboard tack, come about and get the port hull up and it would drain. I fixed that after the first season.

6. Claybury

Claybury

Joined Jun 11, 2018
    4 posts, 0 likes
    O'day Widgeon
    Boat Us Lower Stanchfield
    The 10' Sprite could be rigged as a cat boat or sloop IIRC.

Teak companionway doors
Amazing artisan quality, custom made to fit your boat.
Too hot? INSTANT BIMINI ESTIMATES
Low prices, custom fit, no-wait estimates
Turn any toilet into a Raritan for a fraction of the cost
The Raritan LBA matches your existing bowl with the pump/plumbing of a PHII or PHC. save!
Gray ports and parts
The most popular port on boats built from the 70s into the 90s.