O’Day 12 Catboat

Jun 16, 2018
O’Day 12 Catboat Anderson, SC
Who makes O’Day 12 Catboat sails?
How is the single sail affixed to O’Day 12 catboats 3-section mast?
Where to buy mast parts for O’Day 12 Catboat?
Tx, Joseppi

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Catalina 310 211 Lake Guntersville, AL
Try Precision, you can measure itand I bet they can make one.

Jun 2, 2004
Oday Day Sailer Wareham, MA
The O'DAY 12 had a sail that used a sleeve over the mast, Sails originally came from Neil Pryde. I would think any good sailmaker should have the dimensions and specs for the sail, just be sure to ask for the O'DAY 12 and be sure they don't get that confused with the Widgeon. I hope these pictures may help others (and maybe even you?) in this search. For parts, D&R Marine (ww.drmarine.com) might have info on parts, best to actually call Rudy Nickerson there for best results, (508) 644-3001 H was Parts Dept. Manager for O'DAY and now D&R is his little "Mom & Pop" shop selling O'DAY parts. The setup was pretty basic, so if Rudy doesn't have a source for mast parts, he may know of another boat similar enough for the rig parts to be useable. Rig is sort-of a simplified, smaller version of a LASER-type boat.

Attachments

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2018
O’Day 12 Catboat Anderson, SC
One of the most valueable and outstandding human traits is helping strangers...especially with info on old sailboats. Thank you John Tubb. I've been racing my Etchells for 18 years but found this little darling (O'Day 12_)and could not resist making her mine. Classic. Mahogany brightwork. Well designed and built. Last weekend Icut and dewed an old Etchells jib to fit the O'Day. Looks great. I'm calling Rudy today.
Thank you again.
JO