Catalina Waste Holiding Tank Pump out

Aug 11, 2015
Catalina 27 MA
I am a new owner of a 1986 Catalina 27 and am just getting familiar. Can someone help me to understand how to pump it manually and with the Macerator?

thanks

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Congrats on the boat, nice.

Answer: It all depends on how the plumbing is installed. Anyone who gives and answer simply doesn't know, or assumes it's stock without knowing what any PO might have done. There are four or so ways to do it.

I suggest you trace it out and find out what valves and connections you have, describe those and ask again. You could start out with the manual, those from your vintage boat were quite good (mine is :)).

Then we can help. :)

Aug 11, 2015
Catalina 27 MA
Thanks Stu, I did spend some time reading through the original owners manual last night and found a schematic that shows the pump out in the anchor closet up on the bow. I wont be back on the boat until this weekend but will go check it out then. Thanks for the help

Nov 7, 2012
1978 Catalina 30 Wilbur-by-the-Sea
As Stu said it depends. The preferable way is pump out and rinse from the deck fitting if available. Watch out, my boat cam with a hidden valve on the poo hose so the waste tank could be pumped overboard via the bilge pump. Nasty business and I suspect meant to fool inspectors. I replumbed it. Trace everything out and photos help if you have questions.