Caption contest

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
Do you think the Coast Guard will notice she's a bit over her waterline?

Aug 22, 2011
MacGregor Venture V224 Cheeseland
I don't know why that damn crane is here - soon as I get these sails up she'll blow right back up...

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
It's time to recalculate the " Length x width divide by 15 " capacity rule.

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
They knew it sank in deeper water, they were hoping it went straight down, and didn't continue to 'sail' underwater. We all joked that it was a Capri; it would not get far!

Aug 3, 2012
Performance Cruising Telstar 28 302 Watkins Glen
They knew it sank in deeper water, they were hoping it went straight down, and didn't continue to 'sail' underwater. We all joked that it was a Capri; it would not get far!
Haha!
That reminds me... My plow anchor rolled off the bow of my boat last Summer. I dove down to retrieve it that day only to find it was not there! I thought it had buried itself in the mud, but after digging around, I still did not find it. A dockmate dived on my slip during the week, and he could not find it! I finally figured out what happened. I walked across the dock to the slip across from my bow, and there was my anchor in the other slip, under his finger pier! The water in our lake is often clear enough to see the bottom in 12 feet of water. It had glided about 12 ft forward in the 12 feet of depth it had fallen. That is a pretty good glide slope!

Apr 16, 2017
Federation NCC-1701 Riverside
That would have been interesting to know if it spun like a maple seed on tbe way down. Basically rounding up some of the way down. The keel might have been too heavy though.

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
That would have been interesting to know if it spun like a maple seed on tbe way down. Basically rounding up some of the way down. The keel might have been too heavy though.
Yea. often the insurance will pay to retrieve it, but NOT to find it.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Yea. often the insurance will pay to retrieve it, but NOT to find it.
I dove in a local lake where a bass boat went down. The bottom of the lake looked pristine. I found no boat. When I picked up a tree branch that was laying on the bottom, it was about 8' long, and pushed it into the bottom, it went down past my arm length in mud.

- Will (Dragonfly)