Cabin Cover??

Jul 22, 2015
Catalina 27 MO
So, in our ever increasing discoveries of things "thrown in" the boat purchase, I think I have found a cabin cover. It covers well forward of the mast and has a nice zipper to enclose around the mast, even a special "boot" to go up the mast about 8" or so. My question is would this mostly be used after the sailing season is over?
Does anyone use theirs?
Thanks,
Scott

hewebb

Oct 8, 2011
Catalina Catalina 25 Joe Pool Lake
[FONT=&quot]I have a cover that covers the cabin and cockpit. I put it on when I am done sailing unless I will be going out the next day. It tends to keep the cabin a little cooler in the summer and protects all the wood that I have replaced or refinished. It is somewhat of a pain-in-the-ass to place, but to me, worth it. It has an access zipper so I can get into the boat without removing the cover.[/FONT]

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Is the boat dry? Most the time I see someone fiddle with those things, it's because they have a chronic leak that they cannot sort out.

Or tthey bought it thinking it would be useful, but found out what a PITA it is to use.

Jul 22, 2015
Catalina 27 MO
Is the boat dry? Most the time I see someone fiddle with those things, it's because they have a chronic leak that they cannot sort out.

Or that bought it thinking it would be useful, but found out what a PITA it is to use.
Yep. Boat is dry. So no wonder why I found it stuffed down in the bottom. ;)