Backstay "hole" in the Bimini

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 34 Alameda CA
Allen, it looks like you holes are off a bit. I'd put a spreader bar between the backstays so they don't gouge into the side seams.
Thanks Ron, I had not considered that option. I had to set up the Bimini as high as possible so my head wasn't pushing up on it. Not so much for my wife. :) Otherwise it fit quite well considering it was manufactured in absentee.

walt

Jun 1, 2007
Macgregor 26S Hobie TI Ridgway Colorado
Sumner, thanks for the tip on Top gun. Lots of good ideas here which was helpful to me, thanks everyone!!!! I just need to get to the boat to see what options I have with some new ideas.

pateco

Aug 12, 2014
Hunter 31 (1983) Pompano Beach FL
My H31 has split back-stay, with zippers in the canvas, and a Velcro flap to cover the zipper on the top. I do not have the boots so rain does drip in around the holes.
2016-12-24 13.36.30.jpg

walt

Jun 1, 2007
Macgregor 26S Hobie TI Ridgway Colorado
Back to the boat.. put the bimini back up, No progress but a nice sunset this evening.

bimini1.JPG

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
[QUOTE="pateco,.... I do not have the boots so rain does drip in around the holes....QUOTE]

Take a piece of plastic, say a coffee can lid. Melt a hole in the center. Cut a line from the edge to the hole. Slip it over the stay, then lay it flat on the bimini. Might end up putting something to build up under the lid.

Last edited: