Registered users don't see ads
  1. Scuba diver

Scuba diver

Joined Mar 13, 2015
    9 posts, 0 likes
    Hunter 37.5
    Barefootin US Cambridge Maryland
    I have a 1993 hunter 37.5 I would like to install an air conditioner in the boat this year. After doing lots of research and finally finding one with good reviews I realize it won't fit in the area that I was intending on using. (under the couch near the nav station) is there anyone out there that either had or had installed them selves a AC unit for this same boat? If so where was it placed and what BTU and what manufacture. From what I hear I need a 16,000 BTU unit. 12,000 woodwork in the area that I intended. But I feel that will not be enough. Thanks for everyone's input and time.

2. Sailgunner

Sailgunner

Joined Jun 4, 2004
    785 posts, 16 likes
    Hunter 410
    US Punta Gorda
    I had a 1991 30t and I installed mine in the back berth at the end of the berth. My berth was huge so I built a cabinet on the end and put the A/C unit in there. Your boat my be totally different so don't know if that would work for you. I ran ducts through the adjoining head under the sink then into the salon.

3. Scuba diver

Scuba diver

Joined Mar 13, 2015
    9 posts, 0 likes
    Hunter 37.5
    I am not sure if that will work for me. I will have to look. The holding tank and the diesel tank are back there or mine. I was also thinking about under the nav station and having a cabinet built around it. Thank you for your reply!

4. Johann

Johann

Joined Jun 3, 2004
    173 posts, 24 likes
    Hunter 336
    US Pensacola
    Maybe think about 2 systems. A 12K in the settee and a compact 5K in the aft berth. That way you avoid all the ducting to the back (and it’s losses), and it solves the space problem. Pretty sure the two systems can share a single water pump. Yes it’s xtra $$, but I think it’s more efficient and you wouldn’t have to spend $$ on cabinetry...

5. Scuba diver

Scuba diver

Joined Mar 13, 2015
    9 posts, 0 likes
    Hunter 37.5
    I have thought about that as well. Our Dock has 30 amp. service so I'm concerned whether that will be too much

6. Johann

Johann

Joined Jun 3, 2004
    173 posts, 24 likes
    Hunter 336
    US Pensacola
    Well, my 12K draws about 9-10amps, including the water pump. Defender has a 6K unit that draws 6 amps. So figure 16 amps total. I think 24 amps is the max recommended continuous draw on 30 amp service. So you have to watch your other high draw loads, but you’d have to anyway with a single 16K.

7. Scuba diver

Scuba diver

Joined Mar 13, 2015
    9 posts, 0 likes
    Hunter 37.5
    True

8. BigEasy

BigEasy

Joined Jun 21, 2004
    696 posts, 104 likes
    Beneteau 343
    US Slidell, LA
    Previous owner of my boat installed a cruisair emerald series split system in my boat. It operates off of a common 16,000 btu condenser /compressor. One 12,000 btu air handler supplies the main salon & forward berth. The second air handler is 4,000 btu and supplies the aft berth. Both air handlers are connected to the common compressor with supply & return copper tubing lines. This configuration avoids the long duct runs and major cabinet mods.

Johann and kloudie1 like this.
  9. Hunter Ad Bot

Hunter Ad Bot

Joined Oct 27, 2016
    0 posts, 7 likes
    US Seattle
    Hunter prop struts and shafts

[​IMG]
    Props, keys, shafts, struts, cutless bearings and shaft logs. We guarantee fit!
    See the product

10. ice breaker

ice breaker

Joined Sep 11, 2011
    204 posts, 17 likes
    Hunter 41
    US lake superior
    I have a 16k and a 10k. Single water pump. Runs fine on 30 amp, along with the bat charger. Start the micro or other hi draw 110 electric and it will trip. Sort of like being on apollo 13........manage those loads.

Scuba diver and Johann like this.
  11. Scuba diver

Scuba diver

Joined Mar 13, 2015
    9 posts, 0 likes
    Hunter 37.5
    Haha so true!!! Thanks for the reply

Hunter props, shafts, struts, and cutless bearings
Power train parts for most every Hunter model, most in stock for fast shipment.
Replacement in-deck solar panel
Improved for greater output, this is a drop-in replacement. Trim ring available, too.
Hunter faucets and parts
Replacement fixtures, hoses, sprayers, washers, and more.
Legend-era interior teak oil
Hunter's original interior teak finish on many boats from the 90's and earlier.