A great mast raising system

Apr 27, 2010
Hunter 23 Lake Wallenpaupack
I may cut off the wood ears you can see in my photo, though I like the fact that they add some safety. Another idea is to use some kind of "pusher" adaed to to the wood extension that would lift the mast about 4 or 5 inches that I'd "activate" right before rolling it back over those ears.

Sep 7, 2011
Hunter H23 Southwind YC, Milford, Kansas
The tubing that I used was just electrical conduit. I think that it is one inch. The walls are thick enough to support this mast. Another thing that helps solve the problem of having the spreaders in the way is to fit a roller that has some raised edges. that way the masst will not stray off the roller as it is puched aft,

Aug 2, 2016
hunter 23 wyoming
I used 7' gal chainlink fence line posts from HD. Cheap, maybe an overkill but since I don't have the tool on the boat while sailing no issue. Since I have to trailer sail mine I have come up with a great system to support the mast while raising and for transport. This system leaves the rudder on the boat while trailering and avoids the issue of spreaders while raising the mast.I will take some pictures and make a post as as soon as the snow melts enough, since I'm in Wyoming it might not be until July. Dreaming of Sailing for now.