240 Centerboard Questions....

Mar 8, 2018
Hunter 240 Texas Gulf Coast
After changing uphaul to 7/16" and cascade lines to 3/8 and re-assembling using the lower most holes in bracket I found no improvement in raising the centerboard. During assembly I noticed the bracket must be spread about 1/2" to install over the cb. causing the pivot pin to be too short to reach the brkt. holes when centered and forcing one side to ride on the nylon shoe. I carefully sanded away equal amounts of nylon from each shoe until the pin would center with 1/8" visible on each side of the bracket with cb in place and re-installed. I can now raise the cb by hand from under the boat to within 4" or so of the correct retracted position but no further. IMG_0018.JPG Looks like the cb has a lobe that contacts the nylon roller as the cb is raised stopping it from turning and preventing the cb from rotating any further. Anyone one else ever see this? Could I have the wrong CB or roller?

Feb 18, 2011
Hunter 260 Cave Run Lake, KY
Mar 8, 2018
Hunter 240 Texas Gulf Coast
Thanks for the link ... seems to indicate the 240 roller should be mounted in the upper position also while the cb should be in the lower aft position. Assembled in that fashion I would eliminate the roller pinching the cb and slightly improve the mechanical ability to raise the 122lb cb. Are you using your 240 in that configuration? Thanks Again!

Feb 18, 2011
Hunter 260 Cave Run Lake, KY
Sorry, but this is still on my to do list- never had mine out. But that older PDF file that I linked for the 240 shows the roller in the lower hole (as you have it), and the pivot pin in the lower aft hole.