Centerboard btacket

May 2, 2014
Hunter 26 Home port Cape Coral
Anyone
Trying to install my just manufactured bracket (Hunter),won't fit. Pins are too long. Anybody know what length they should be? Or, how far out they should extend. Hate to cut and find out I did too much.

Larry

Jul 24, 2012
Hunter 240 Muskegon
Brian;

Larry did and cut the pins so they are flush with the bracket holding them in place with duck tape. Went in fine with the cascade/centerboard line of 7/16. He was advised to attach the double block as close to the deck organizer as possible which is very important. Then a 20 foot section of 3/8 yacht braid tied first to the single block and led back to the eyelet which to tie to it in such a fashion to shorten or lengthen it and then run the line to the double block, back to the single block and back to the double block with the line going thru the rope clutch. Adjust the 3/8 line until you hear the klunking sound of the board hitting the top of the housing and also down.
Hi Dave, I am replacing the CB line on my 240 and when i dropped the CB, (see PICS) I noticed my pins for both the pivot and line roller are using different holes than the 260 pic I found in another forum. Does it matter which of the holes i use?

My Pivot pin uses the holes that are in the lowest spot and actually go through the chaffe blockes.

As for the CB line roller the 260 uses the higher hole and mime was in the lower hole. I had to do some fiberglass repair where it appears the CB hit the roller in the down position and broke a chunk or CB out.

I purchased the H240 from a previous owner so I dont know if its ever been removed or not. Does it matter which of the holes i use? The drawing attached is for a 23.5 and a 26 and it references two holes for the pins. Sort of confused on which holes I should be using in the bracket for my Hunter 240? Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

Jul 24, 2012
Hunter 240 Muskegon
GL Windpower;

First look at the boat info for the 240 and look at the diagram about 2/3 way down along with the Hunter 260. I am drawing a blank as to which hole to insert the pin so I am going to post a question for the 240 owners under 240 centerboard help. I would tend to say the one most aft but look at the diagram placing the pin in and see if the top of the centerboard rests on the top roller in the down position. Ok? I am going to post that now.
Thanks Dave, In the mean time i just went out and did a dry fit and included some pics. I agree with the pivot pin being in the aft position works the best.

For the line roller pin position. Look at the poor fit Position pic. As you can see in pic there is a lot of side play in this position. Also the roller does hit the CB and thats what i think broke a piece out of the board which i repaired.

the other two pics show it in the upper position. No free play and the CB does not rest on the top roller. My CB has a postion that that actually appears to serve as a stop when it hits the hull when its lowered. It is a 2001, maybe a design change in its final years, not sure. Can you confirm this for me with the 240 owners as well.

Thank you very much for all your help with this. I am excited to get her in the water for the season.

Attachments