Through-hull fitment question

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
I think you guys are over analyzing this one. Keep It Simple!
I have used 4200 on my thru hull fittings for years. When I put the grinder & course wheel on the thru hull external flange, it takes 3 minutes tops to grind it off and then pull the remaining thru hull, valve, & tailpiece from the inside of the hull. The 4200 is heated and releases easily. No busted knuckles and no profanities! Just changed out two a couple weeks ago on a recent haul out. With a good seal on the concave side of the thru hull fitting externally and seal inside the 1/16" gap, and sealer between the interior backing plate and thru hull nut or adaptor plate, you're good to go. With a shear strength of 1900 psi and tensile strength of 4200 psi, that assembly is not going to leak and it certainly will not fail between the external flange and interior backing plate and nut. Just my humble opinion!

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Sounds so simple when your say it @BigEasy. Maybe it is the accent... How about pictures? You know these guys love pictures.
If your images get a few likes maybe you can slip me some jambalaya. I have been having cravings for some good food....

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
Ha! Going to make a pot of jambalaya next weekend for a family gathering. Good stuff, bon apetit’!

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
If I send you a ball jar and a lid, would you send it back filled?:biggrin:

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
If I send you a ball jar and a lid, would you send it back filled?:biggrin:
No can do! But...I will certainly send you the recipe. Can't take credit for it; someone gave it to me years ago.
If you cook this stuff, you will be the Jambalaya King of Port Everett!!

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
No can do! But...I will certainly send you the recipe. Can't take credit for it; someone gave it to me years ago.
If you cook this stuff, you will be the Jambalaya King of Port Everett!!
Maybe we should start a recipe swap forum. :biggrin: