Hunter 23.5 wisker pole

Oct 13, 2020
catalina C-22 4980 channel islands CA
I have a C-22, i have a track and whisker pole and use them all the time. it is nice to have options.

Mar 6, 2022
Hunter 23.5 Oceanside Harbor (trailered)
How long will the track be? Have you thought of attaching a base plate with welded ring as an alternate?
Hi Dave. I'm Robert. Pleased to meet you. I appreciate all the guidance and feed back you've given in many post in these forums over the years. Very helpful and insightful.

Honestly, I have no idea how long it would need to be. Not too long I imagine. The alternate however does interest me. Would you happen to know at what height that would need to be attached on the mast? I'm currently hanking it but hope to install a CDI this summer. Might I need to reposition the ring, or maybe just attach another to position the wisker? Also, I was wondering if I need to add a topping lift to that? I know I'll need to use guys.

Oct 13, 2020
My track is about 3’ long. It has a ring on an adjustable car so you can move it easily up and down. It is also used for the spinnaker pole. That is why it is so long I suspect. I did not do the mod it was there when I bought the boat. I don't think the track is specific to the mast. I can take pics and make some measurements when it stops raining here tomorrow or Wednesday.

Dano

Oct 13, 2020
I got a break in the rain. Here are some pictures and dimensions. The track is 59” long. It is mounted 21.5 inches from the bottom of the mast the picture's are of the ring car and the track mounting. It looks like the track is held on with 10x32 machine screws. They are tapped into the mast. When I use the whisker pole it is usually about 1 to 1.5 feet from the bottom of the track. there is a lot of adjustment range with a 59” track.
Dano

Attachments

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Just make sure that the stainless steel screws clear the mast wall by an 1/8 inch. I’d prefer using aluminum pop rivets if possible

Sep 29, 2008
hunter 240 Dewey beach, De
Any 23.5 owners use a track and wisker pole set up?
I have and H240. Mounted wisker pole to mast, no need for a track on this size boat. Attachment ring mounted on the mast with aluminum rivets. As far as height just attach the wisker pole to bottom of you jib and keep it level back to mast, put it there. My pole is adjustable also dhivh makes it easy to set.

Mar 6, 2022
Hunter 23.5 Oceanside Harbor (trailered)
I currently use hanks, but hope to install a roller with a Genoa this summer. What are you running for a jib?