What kind of marine head setup do I have?

Sep 24, 2018
O'Day 25 Chicago
I'm glad I could offer some entertainment in exchange for everyone's wonderful advice :) This contraption sounds like a horrible idea (unless of course you encounter pirates and no wind). As most of us are aware, discharging into Lake Michigan is prohibited and pretty gross so I will be disconnecting the macerator's wiring. After I pump out the RV coolant, can I squeeze a bit of SuperLube in the macerator's output, let it sink down the tube a bit and reverse polarity to suck it into the pump? Basically give it some lube before disabling it.

Peggy, I'd be happy to share the pics with you. I'm totally open to suggestions on a new system. I was planning on replacing the head at some point. It's better to do it before disaster strikes!

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
After I pump out the RV coolant, can I squeeze a bit of SuperLube in the macerator's output, let it sink down the tube a bit and reverse polarity to suck it into the pump? Basically give it some lube before disabling it.
Not worth the effort. It's likely to be years before you're likely to need a macerator pump, if ever. It looks clean as a whistle...Put it on craigslist.

It's not just the tube I wondered about...it's the entire thing that seems to have a name plate on it. Can't figure out what it is.

--Peggie

Sep 24, 2018
O'Day 25 Chicago
The head itself is made by a company called Seafarer. I think the Y valve is made by Jabsco but would have to double check.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Never heard of SeaFarer marine toilets before, but there were a whole bunch of designs and brands in the '70s and early '80s, some of which--as the Jabsco Poop Shooter illustrates--were more than little whacky by today's standards. And yes, I'd definitely recommend replacing it along with the rest of the sanitation system. Give me a shout via email when you're ready to proceed.
--Peggie