Cold weather sailing

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
I use a dry suit to keep me toasty. Hand and feet warmers keep extremities toasty
Sheesh, Les looks as though he is prepared for a Gulf of Alaska cruise.

Not a winter cruise, but still some chilly weather.

Oct 10, 2011
Tartan 34C Toms River, New Jersey
Bum Rogers ... what a place! Sue & were in there with friends a few weeks ago. We were at Alba vineyard in Warren County with a few neighbors. I've been buying the white table wine (called Mainsail White) because I was attracted by the label long before I knew the winery was in New Jersey. As it turns out, they feature Barnegat Sneakboxes on the label!
Also tasted the Cab & Syrah, which I liked quite a lot. It turns out, those grapes come from Washington State (Sagemoor Vineyards) and Alba crafts for their "Chelsea Cellars" line. I'm going to look for those bottles now.
BTW, I had to laugh when I think about it … we sailed almost 30 miles and never saw a depth greater than 12'!
That's the Barnaget! I have been to Alba a few times, nice place.

Oct 3, 2014
Marlow-Hunter MH37 Lake City, MN
For some reason I couldn't talk my wife into going out for one more sail the day before our haul out. From October 14th, taken while I was snug in our galley making coffee.

snowboat.jpg

Oct 26, 2008
Catalina 320 Barnegat, NJ
Gotta love Minnesota! Continuous snow cover from Halloween to Easter and beyond is a possibility!

Dec 19, 2014
Tartan 30 Baltimore
Had a fun ride last Sunday helping a friend deliver his Melges 24 back to home port after the Baltimore Harbor Cup race. Winds were pretty steady in the mid 20's with some gusts approaching 40. We flew the asymmetrical for a bit and my GPS tracker showed 25 kts a couple of times. Felt more like 50kts! We were a bit too busy to get video with the chute up but here we are under main and jib making 15kts. Chesapeake Bay Bridge in the background. Awesome day!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3lx5s41mdj7poyo/IMG_5065.mov?dl=0

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Wow. Fun winter sailing. Beats drifting on a hot sweaty day in the bay.

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
Winds were pretty steady in the mid 20's with some gusts approaching 40.
I confuse so easily . Here we are talking about cold weather so think 20 degrees is mighty cold, and you have gusts to warm up with. Very strange weather patterns.

Oct 22, 2014
You might need a second cup of coffee.

It appears he’s talking about wind speed not temps. Still too excited to get his fingers to type all the words.

Dec 19, 2014
Tartan 30 Baltimore
I confuse so easily . Here we are talking about cold weather so think 20 degrees is mighty cold, and you have gusts to warm up with. Very strange weather patterns.
Sorry, the temps were in the upper 40's when we left and around 55 degrees when we arrived. I thought maybe the kts would be a clue that I was referring to wind speeds. ;-)

Oct 22, 2014
It’s early out here. Takes a while for the coffee to kick in.