Plan now for July 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

curlew

Mar 12, 2011
catalina 310 charlottes cove tasmania
Sounds like a great adventure Paul j are you looking for crew. How long do you plan to cruise?
Des Curlew down under in Tasmania

Aug 24, 2009
Catalina 310 Sturgeon Bay, WI
Great for you Paul - outstanding. I can see from what the write and some of the preperation, why you need to start the planning now! Hope it is a well documented (for our sake) trip! Russ

paulj

Mar 16, 2007
Catalina 310 Anacortes,Wa
Sounds like a great adventure Paul j are you looking for crew. How long do you plan to cruise?
Des Curlew down under in Tasmania

Not sure if I'm looking for a crew......I have given it much thought, Helen my First mate is going.

A Flotilla would be good.

I planing on going for the whole month of July 2012.

paulj :troll:

paulj

Mar 16, 2007
So.....in planning for this trip..... it is off to the 2012 Seattle Boats Show next week.

One thing I will be looking for is a new top drawer bread toaster, at the show for the boat.

When I went to Desolation Sound BC a few years back I was introduced to Daves Killer Bread........

http://www.daveskillerbread.com/story.shtml

And ever since then, every morning, after walking the dog, I would come back to the boat, have my coffee,

have a slice of Daves bread........ toasted..... and the world looked good.

leo310

Dec 15, 2006
Catalina 310 44 Campbell River BC
Paul
Are you going to Campbell River or up by Powell River. The reason I'm asking is we mite join you for some of the way in our 310.
Leo

paulj

Mar 16, 2007
Just added a Wirie to the boat.

Works very fast and so far no problems.

May raise unit a little higher and see if I can get Mcdonald's.

Attachments

paulj

Mar 16, 2007
leo310

The plan

June 30 lv Anacortes ...............Sidney

July 1.........................................Silva Bay

July 2.........................................Secret Cove

3........................................Grief Point

4........................................Lund

? Squirrel Cove

Yuculta
Gillard
Dent
Greene Point
Whirlpool

Attachments

paulj

Mar 16, 2007
Was out gunk holing and the macerater pump stopped working....oh no.

Went to Refuge Cove BC and would you believe they had

two new Jabsco model number 18590-2092 pumps in

stock.....$ 180.00 each.

Off to Lund BC where they have a pump outand I will install.

I know it will be a crapy job.............Ray

Jun 30, 2010
Catalina 310 Bristol RI
Paul,

From one of those photos, it looks like you removed the hinge from the engine cover. Is that true? How do you get to the engine now? Do you just slide the cover across the floor each time.

I have mixed feelings on that cover. The hinge works great if you want to get to the top of the engine or the port side, but if you want to get to the front of the engine, like when you have to change the impeller, the cover just gets in the way, and I unscrew the cover and slide it as far forward in the boat as I can, but it is a pain.

Dec 25, 2008
catalina 310 Elk River
It may be a pain, but the engine access on this boat is the best I have seen.

gpd955

Feb 22, 2006
Catalina 310 Cape May, NJ
Witzend said:
It may be a pain, but the engine access on this boat is the best I have seen.
I agree. I'll take a PITA engine cover over poor access any day! I base my opinion on the lack of open wounds on my hands after working on the engine compared to the years I had my Catalina 30. If they ever Luminol'ed that engine compartment someone might think I murdered someone there!! 3 years with the 310 and no injuries!!

Jun 30, 2010
Catalina 310 Bristol RI
OK, I obviously complained too much. I do agree with both of you. I have owned 2 other boats and seen many, and yes the 310 has a great engine access.

My question was that it seemed that Paul has removed the hinge and therefore never uses it. Have others done that. I find the cover difficult to move across the floor. Just wondering if there was an easy way to move the cover not using the hinge.

Status
Not open for further replies.