Hunter 410

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 26, 2010
Hunter 34 Punta Gorda
Am seriously considering purchasing a Hunter 410 and would appreciate any discussions, comments, Pro's and Con's about these models
Thanks to all in advance

Jun 4, 2004
Mainship Piliot 34 Punta Gorda
We love ours. I really don't have any cons other than here in Flordia I wish the draft was less than 5' 4". Yes 5' 4". All the literature says 5' but our 2000 is 5' 4". I have made several upgrades and would be happy to share if you are interested. You can send me an email if you want more information.

Jan 12, 2011
Hunter 410 full time cruiser
I don't have any complaints about my 410. It matched what I could learn by in general reading the owner reviews here on the model. Overall the biggest common problem is the refrigerator frosting over, which really comes down to maintaining the seals and latches in good order. To me that's a good boat if the biggest problem is the refrigerator frosting over.

Feb 21, 2011
Hunter 410 Lorain
LOVE my 2000 model! Have had it one full season now and she was everything I ever expected her to be! The award-winning Hunter interior is easily the most comfortable of any boat in her class - and she's a breeze to sail with her "classic" main. I heartedly recommend this boat to anyone contemplating a comfortable cruising vessel. Capt Bill on STARGAZER

Feb 26, 2010
Hunter 34 Punta Gorda
per your offer

We love ours. I really don't have any cons other than here in Flordia I wish the draft was less than 5' 4". Yes 5' 4". All the literature says 5' but our 2000 is 5' 4". I have made several upgrades and would be happy to share if you are interested. You can send me an email if you want more information.
I would very interested in your upgrades and why you made those changes

Feb 26, 2010
Hunter 34 Punta Gorda
I don't have any complaints about my 410. It matched what I could learn by in general reading the owner reviews here on the model. Overall the biggest common problem is the refrigerator frosting over, which really comes down to maintaining the seals and latches in good order. To me that's a good boat if the biggest problem is the refrigerator frosting over.
What do you do to maintain the seals and latches? New seals; latch adjustment or does that require replacement. Thanks in advance

Jun 4, 2004
Mainship Piliot 34 Punta Gorda
I would very interested in your upgrades and why you made those changes
I sent you a private message with my phone number. You are welcome to come over and look at my boat and I can go through all the things I did and what to look out for.

Jan 12, 2011
Hunter 410 full time cruiser
What do you do to maintain the seals and latches? New seals; latch adjustment or does that require replacement. Thanks in advance

Haven't had any problems with my seals. Have had to replace the latches to hold the lid down fully or the plates will frost up bady. About the easiest and least expensive boat "repair" to replace them one can find to do on a boat.

Sep 26, 2010
Hunter 410 Cheboygan Michigan
LOVE my 2000 model! Have had it one full season now and she was everything I ever expected her to be! The award-winning Hunter interior is easily the most comfortable of any boat in her class - and she's a breeze to sail with her "classic" main. I heartedly recommend this boat to anyone contemplating a comfortable cruising vessel. Capt Bill on STARGAZER

I also have a 2000 Hunter 410 and am about to launch for the third season in the Great Lakes. I use it as a live aboard and find it to great to sail and live aboard. I would go to Banner Bay Marine and get purchase an Anchor Sail as these types of boats tend to sail a lot on anchor. I started last season with one and was very pleased with the results. It reduced the range of sailing and frequency of movement by at least half. I previously owned a 1998 410 and was pleased with that boat too however it was totaled in a marina fire after one year of service.

Sep 26, 2010
Hunter 410 Cheboygan Michigan
My 2000 Hunter 410 freezer/refrig works better than my 1998 410 unit. I found the best way to significantly reduce the frost in the freezer is place about 4, 5 lb. blocks of ice in one common plastic bag in the freezer. It keeps the entire freezer colder and maintains it better. It will actually keep the refridg around 45 degrees without it electrically running. I still need to remove the entire bag of ice about once every 7 to 10 days and quickly remove the frost build up behind the fan covering. This allows the cold air to enter the refrig much better. If you need a new fan you can purchase them from a computer store for around $5. to $7. each instead of significantly more else where. Frys.com provides them quite cheap online. It's worth getting several in advance. Back to the fridge, I would put a plug in the drain during the operation. It keeps the cold from draining into the bilge. Remove it when you defrost then replace. Reply if you would like more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.