Stimson Bow Roof Shed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Hey All:

I had the week off and finally got a chance to start assembling my Stimson Bow Roof Shed. I forget who on this list recommended it but I wanted to say thanks.

So far I have the skirt in place, and 5 bows attached to the crown ridge... along with all of the longitudinal stringers for that section. Tomorrow I'll raise the 5 bows along with the ridge, set the bows on the skirt and attach the 5 bows that will complete those 5 arches. At that point I'll have 16' of my 32' shed done.

The attached pic is not my shed but it is the same dimensions as the one I'm assembling.

Thanks again,

r

Attachments

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 34 Alameda CA
Rob,

That looks really good. Its got to be great to have the boat so close to work on it. My projects take forever when I find some tool I left 45 miles away at home. Also good to see another chemist disprove the myth that we are not mechanically inclined. LOL After your earlier post I reviewed acid-base aqueous equilibria in my Chem 1A book. Its only been 40 years.

Allan

Jan 19, 2010
Rob,

That looks really good. Its got to be great to have the boat so close to work on it. My projects take forever when I find some tool I left 45 miles away at home. Also good to see another chemist disprove the myth that we are not mechanically inclined. LOL After your earlier post I reviewed acid-base aqueous equilibria in my Chem 1A book. Its only been 40 years.

Allan

Hi Allan:

I guessed you might be a chemist when you used the words "esters" & "soponification" in an earlier post;)

Regarding close to work on... Yes! Been there. My first step into the pocket cruiser world started with a Macgregor V21. I fixed that one up and flipped it for a larger Coronado 23' (that is the boat I should have kept), fixed that one up and flipped it for a Coronado 25' that was in a slip 57 miles from my house. I distinctly remember the day I went to do some work on the throttle cable only to find I needed a really large flat head screwdriver and the nearest hardware store was 45 miles away. After owning the Coronado 25' for three years, I had made very little progress on her restoration. So I now know that I am truly a trailer sailor. I have a Macgregor V22-2 that I sail and a Rhodes 22 that I'm working on... I like taking advantage of a free 20 min here or there to putter on the boat.

r

Jan 19, 2010
Got-r-done :)

I've been meaning to post these but lost the cable that lets me connect my camera to the computer. Found it...

So... I finished my bow roof shed about 2 weeks ago. Here it is with my boat under it. I've already did two minor jobs on the boat. Nice to have a dry & warmer place to work on the boat.

r

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.