Repowering Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 24, 2011
Coronado 35 Satellite Beach
I am repowering (Coronado 35) for the 2nd time. I am planning on motoring down to the marina, having the new engine lowered into the salon, motoring home then swapping the engines. My question is should I be concerned about 2 engine's worth of weight in the salon. I'll be using 4x4's to slide the engines around and to displace the weight over the floor. Thanks in advance.

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
I am repowering (Coronado 35) for the 2nd time. I am planning on motoring down to the marina, having the new engine lowered into the salon, motoring home then swapping the engines. My question is should I be concerned about 2 engine's worth of weight in the salon. I'll be using 4x4's to slide the engines around and to displace the weight over the floor. Thanks in advance.

if you are concerned about the floor just put a section of 3/4 plywood down on top of the sole and that will be plenty of reinforcement to help support the load...

regards

woody

Ted

Jan 26, 2005
C&C 110 Bay Shore, Long Island, NY
It won't be a problem. An engine weighs about the same as two to three average sized people. I'm sure you've had more than that many people standing in your cabin at the same time.

Dec 30, 2009
jeanneau 38 gin fizz sloop Summer- Keyport Yacht Club, Raritan Bay, NJ, Winter Viking Marina Verplanck, NY
You have done this job twice on this boat already??What 2 engines did u use??

Status
Not open for further replies.