Screw hole covers - O'day 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 20, 2006
- - Toledo, OH
I have lost some of the plastic screw hole covers that cover up the holes where the hand rails are bolted inside the cabin of my O'day 25. I looked for replacements at Lowe's, Home Depot, etc..., but the hole covers they had were too small. I also checked D & R's website and couldn't find them there either.

Has anyone found a place to buy replacement hole covers?

Thanks,

Joe

Aug 20, 2010
Oday 27 Oak Orchard
See www.mcmaster.com and search 'push in plugs'. They have more sizes and types than you could ever want for about 5.00/100 count package. They also have just about everything for hardware and sealants that you would pay out the nose from a chandlery.

RAD

Jun 3, 2004
Catalina 30 Bay Shore, N.Y.
I have a whole bag of them (had to buy a hundred) now where did I put them is the question :confused:....I'll look and get back to you....the price is right too.....FREE :)

Sep 25, 2008
Oday 25 Gibraltar
Here's how I solved my problem of missing hole covers. I got the idea from Shoaldrafter. I used the old grab rail after I replaced it.

Rich

RAD

Jun 3, 2004
did you put couplings on the bolts coming through then screws to the couplings through that cool handrail ? :confused:

RAD

Jun 3, 2004
Ah ha.....and you thought you were going to fool me :D

I'll have to put this on "the to do list"

Dec 8, 2006
Oday 26 Starr, SC
Ah ha.....and you thought you were going to fool me :D

I'll have to put this on "the to do list"
Rad,

Many boats already have interior grab rails. If you have stink pots crossing in front of the boat they are worth the effort.

I used a 1"x2" clear pine board and routered the edges round. Go slowly on making the thru holes because you have to match the bolts which are on curved roof. When you are done you will say why didn't they put them in here in the first place.

My pictures are somewhere in the archives. I used 3/4 inch pvc cold water pipe as the spacers. Remember that when some of the bolts are too long a bolt cutter will make them the right length.

Ed K

Attachments

RAD

Jun 3, 2004
Thanks Ed
I often wondered why there were no grab rails on my boat and thought about adding one down the center but putting more holes through the roof didn't sit right and when I tried to fabricate a make shift lee cloth for the couch and my two yr. old this summer thats when I wished there was some thing above
I just put my hands on some Ipe scraps from the general contractor next door

Oct 20, 2006
- - Toledo, OH
Thanks to all for the tips! Rad, if you do find the covers let me know, I am happy to pay you for them or at least pay the shipping costs.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.