What numbers are there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 1, 2008
Reliance 44 - Lelystad Haven, The Netherlands
In the mails I received from Rick I see seven addresses. Does anybody know how many were built? And How do I find out what my hullnumber is? I have looked everywhere but I can't seem to find a plate or stamp. Does anybody have a clue?

M

Member 41673

The seven addresses are the only Reliance owners that I know of. There are certainly more since 46 of these boats were built. Even among the 7 addresses listed, 1 is the designer/builder & 1 is a person who is about to buy a Reliance & at least 2 have (had?) their boat for sale. So... I am not in contact with very many owners at all. I'm hoping this forum will put more of us in touch with each other. If anyone ever discovers another Reliance owner or even anyone interested in Reliance yachts, be sure to tell them about this forum.

Rick

mm08

Dec 21, 2008
Reliance 44 - -
Your hull number is part of the boat ID# in your paper work. The number is coded in like this on mine QRSR44XXFXXX. The code number is like this:

Q= Qubice Province.
SR= Reliance Sailing Craft.
R44= Model.
XX= your hull number.
F= I am not sure on this one but I think it means Fiberglass Hull?
XXX= Month and year of manufacture. So a number like 592 is May, 1992.

Also on my boat the Hull Number is up in the bow on a small bulkhead and then glassed over. Like this “#XX”. The XX will be your number. Mine is #22.

Neil

In the mails I received from Rick I see seven addresses. Does anybody know how many were built? And How do I find out what my hullnumber is? I have looked everywhere but I can't seem to find a plate or stamp. Does anybody have a clue?

Last edited:

mm08

Dec 21, 2008
Reliance 44 - -
Hi Axel,

Let us know if your numbers are like that. This is how mine are and I am pretty sure that’s what you'll find as well. I have been all over my boat and the number is only on my paper work and #22 is on the forward most bulkhead in the bow. The bulkhead in the bow may have been removed though to attach the forstay, I had to remove mine to get to that.

Neil

Aug 19, 2009
Reliance 44 custom Cutter RCYC, Toronto Canada
Reliance 44 hull #30 Eku III RCYC Toronto

We just acquired our Reliance 44, Eku III, in July 2009. There is no HIN number on her, but we were able to contact Pierre Meunier, the hull builder, to find out that we are Hull number 30, constructed in 1981. Our boat was then delivered to Andre Naud who built the rest of the boat, which was launched in 1983. This would explain why there is no HIN number and might answer that question for others built before ours when the HIN was not a requirement.

Aug 26 revision to above post: Just received communication from Piere Meunier with our serial number which is QRSR4430L181

Last edited:
M

Member 41673

Re: Reliance 44 hull #30 Eku III RCYC Toronto

Wow! Eku III is a beautiful Reliance! If you have any questions or anything to discuss concerning Reliance boats, please use this forum. The more traffic the better.

Rick Goltz
S/V Voyager
Reliance # 3

S

SVBornFree

I am currently rebuilding a 1976 Relinace 44 in Beaufort, SC. It is good to hear of people out sailing them instead of working on them.

mm08

Dec 21, 2008
Reliance 44 - -
Rebuild?

Hi BornFree,
What all are you doing to your boat in your rebuild? I for one would like to know how it's been used and what you are finding as you go thru it?
Neil Dunder
www.neildunder@yahoo.com

S

svbornfree

rebuild

The boat was abandoned here at our boatyard. I gutted the whole thing. The list is pretty extensive on what i've done so far. The boat had major electrolysis. The rudder was gone. So new rudder, rudder shoe, shaft log, shaft, prop, thru-hulls, and seackocks. I went ahead and removed all coring about a foot around each thru-hull and reglassed it. The new shaft led to the engine compartment. Rebuilt the engine pan and stringers. Rebuilt the transmission and engine. The rudder led to rebuilding the steering with more braceing for the rudder shaft. The boat also had major core problems. I had to rebuild the whole cabin top, most of the cockpit, and a lot of the side decks. I'm getting ready to work at the bow aruond the lower fore stay. The side decks led to the chain plates. I removed most of steel and reglassed the hull. I'm going to go to external chain plates. I'm also raising all the stanchion bases about an 1/8" to reduce the posibilities of leaking. I should have all the glass work done by this winter. I'm tired of itching, and ready to start rewiring.

Oct 31, 2009
Reliance Reliance 44 Hamilton, ON, Canada
Re: Reliance 44 hull #30 Eku III RCYC Toronto

John/Debbie,
I was talking with Pierre this morning and he mentioned you had purchased Peter Manzel's boat ... I have be aboard her and she is one of the most beautiful boats I have seen.... I purchase #46 from Pierre in 1996... I now have her in Forida after a cruise through the Bahamas... thinking of taking her to Puerto Rico this winter....
boat name is Kekoolo....
I am living in Hamilton, ON.... nice to see you post....
Morris Turner

J

john&debbie

Hello Kekoolo

Morris

nice to hear from you... sounds wonderful to be able to sail down south! we have chartered but it must be nice to have your own - I think we are dreaming of that sometime in the future. However, we have the advantage of being able to drive downtown in a few minutes (in the summer) and be onboard. Are you the original owner? do you have pictures? thanks for getting in touch!

Debbie

John/Debbie,
I was talking with Pierre this morning and he mentioned you had purchased Peter Manzel's boat ... I have be aboard her and she is one of the most beautiful boats I have seen.... I purchase #46 from Pierre in 1996... I now have her in Forida after a cruise through the Bahamas... thinking of taking her to Puerto Rico this winter....
boat name is Kekoolo....
I am living in Hamilton, ON.... nice to see you post....
Morris Turner

M

Member 41673

Re: rebuild

Wow! Born Free, you're the expert on Reliance repairs. Please expand on your chain plate replacement job - I think it's in the back of all of our minds.

Voyager

Oct 31, 2009
Reliance Reliance 44 Hamilton, ON, Canada
there were 46 hulls built [Reliance 44] .... the last one coming out of the mould in 1996

Jul 2, 2009
2 Reliance 44 Portsmouth
Our boat was built as in 1975 Airlia and owner finished. She has an extra schedule of glass on the hull and is pretty heavily built... As mentioned elsewhere in this forum she's been circumnavigated. We're refitting her in Newport, RI while living aboard as a family of 4. Now named LYRA, she has the aft cabin layout without the midships companionway. Structurally she's in decent sailing condition, we are concentrating on basic systems at the moment (refrigeration, heat, pressure/hot water/shower, electronics, auto pilot, wind generator, LED lighting, etc). Next spring we'll get to exterior cosmetics. The interior was all oiled teak... We're going with gloss white and varnish, which has brightened it up considerably.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.