310 Bimini

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mdistel

What options are there for a Bimini for a Catalina 310 and how much do they cost? Looking to cover at least the stern rail seats and wheel. Thank you, Mark

Jun 4, 2004
Catalina 310 LaSalle, MI
I believe that JSI does a lot of...

the factory work for Catalina in Florida. Our 2005 (hull#312) has a "factory" dodger made by JSI. I just emailed JSI for a quote on the "factory" bimini (plus extension to the dodger) for the C-310. Our dodger actually has the zipper in place on the dodger (in case we ever wanted to add the bimini). I'm curious to see what they come back with.

B

bernie hoban

Bimini

What options are there for a Bimini for a Catalina 310 and how much do they cost? Looking to cover at least the stern rail seats and wheel. Thank you, Mark
Any local canvas maker can make a bimini to your exact wishes. I got a factory installed bimini when I bought my 2008 309 and was not happy with it, it covered the entire cockpit. i thought i was sailing in a car with very little visibility and it didn't close. I then went to the local canvas guy and he came on board and made the corrections.
from scratch, however, a new bimini with frame and cover may run you about 1300.00 depending on how much you want to cover.

Sep 29, 2008
Catalina 310 #185 Quantico
Re: Bimini

Did the canvas guy do things like lower the frame a little so you can see over it? I have a factory dodger and it is at just the right height that I have to stoop down or step on my toes to see over it. Quite a pain. I am thinking when it is time to replace I am going to get it modified to be about 3 inches lower.

Aug 7, 2007
- - Oyster Bay, NY
I got a estimate for a new Bimini and Stainless frame from a local canvas guy here on long island and it was $1740 including new frame, Bimini top, and storage boot.

Mar 5, 2008
Catalina 310 Loveladies
Wonder if there is a collapsible Bimini. I have been thinking of adding the factory bimini. Does it collapse? I only want the protection from the rain.

May 24, 2004
Catalina 310 Virginia Beach, VA
I ordered mine with the boat back in 2004 (Hull #282)

It was $1200 for the partial. It covers the helm and both stern rail seats. A local shop would do it for less I bet.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.