Whos Mast

Mar 22, 2022
hunter legend nj
Hi Guys I have a 1987 Hunter legend 40 ft
I am looking for information about the mast are there any Name or id numbers
Thinking to put up spreader lights would like to know if there is a wire channel down the inside ??

Thanks Rick

Mar 22, 2022
hunter legend nj
I kind of like the idea that i can then set them up to be able to be turned on in her slip
like from a key bob, like i do have for my car. An they will look good.
For since i do live aboard her all winter long it would easily light my way at night.
An if i was out sailing at night in real bad weather knowing that should not be on
I think that i would bring them up for a added safety.
Thanks Guy Rick

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
An if i was out sailing at night in real bad weather knowing that should not be on
I think that i would bring them up for a added safety.
This is exactly the time you do not want the lights on because while you will able to see the deck clearly, you will not be able to see beyond the boat because of the glare. In foggy conditions the light will make you completely blind.

In bad weather, AIS and Radar are your best friends.

Mar 22, 2022
hunter legend nj
Very true
But i can bring them up when bring her in the last 30 ft of her slip at night
so crew can see cleats an dock line better

Thanks Rick

Mar 22, 2022
hunter legend nj
Also i have a Yanmar 4jhe engine aboard her an just had a mechanic replace all the major system on it
at a cost $ 8,000 exhaust, fuel, cooling, elect, sensors, wire harness, an she run great that was down in white rock marina in Pasadena M
An now she in a slip up at the top of the Delaware river happy in fresh water
but i have noticed that when start her up i get leakage by the prop shaft seal an i am looking to replace the inner packing does any one know what the inner packing material is an where to purchase it

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Back in the Chesapeake
Also i have a Yanmar 4jhe engine aboard her an just had a mechanic replace all the major system on it
at a cost $ 8,000 exhaust, fuel, cooling, elect, sensors, wire harness, an she run great that was down in white rock marina in Pasadena M
An now she in a slip up at the top of the Delaware river happy in fresh water
but i have noticed that when start her up i get leakage by the prop shaft seal an i am looking to replace the inner packing does any one know what the inner packing material is an where to purchase it
I'd suggest you start a new thread on this question. You'll get more eyes on it.

dj