12 volt electrical system

Aug 28, 2024
Beneteau Oceanis 31 Windermere
Hi I have a 31 Oceanis 2018 would like to know how the blue earth breakers undo they look like they need a special key and were to find the fuses on left in picture and what brand have looked on web and no look Thanks Matt
image.jpg
image.jpg

Nov 21, 2012
Yamaha 33 Port Ludlow, WA
There should be a tab close to base in which to insert a screwdriver. This will release it from the rail.

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
To release connectors from the blue ground bus terminal you can use a screwdriver. You just need to put the screwdriver in the corresponding hole and turn it firmly counter clockwise. I’m not sure whether it’s supposed to be phillps or flat; I’ve used both with equal success. I’m not sure how to remove the bus from the rail; I’ve never tried that.

I’ve read that you can use regular blade style fuses in that fuse bar, but I’ve never tried that myself.

Aug 28, 2024
To release connectors from the blue ground bus terminal you can use a screwdriver. You just need to put the screwdriver in the corresponding hole and turn it firmly counter clockwise. I’m not sure whether it’s supposed to be phillps or flat; I’ve used both with equal success. I’m not sure how to remove the bus from the rail; I’ve never tried that.

I’ve read that you can use regular blade style fuses in that fuse bar, but I’ve never tried that myself.

jssailem

SBO Weather and Forecasting Forum Jim & John
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
You have “Din Rail Terminal Blocks”. Search that and you’ll find all sorts of designs and colors. The ones in your image appear to be snap ons.

When purchasing assure that they are rated for the load you plan to apply.

You have a mostly clean install.

Only critique is the large red wire (supplying power to the terminal block) is installed with too tight of a radius. The wire should be secured in a straight line as it connects to terminal block. This one is putting strain on the wire to lug crimp. It will lead to eventual failure.
image.jpg

Aug 28, 2024
Hi many thanks have known found the fuses there are ETA 1170-22 fuses and blue terminals are wago 0285-0134 . Thanks for advise on main wire in presume it came from factory like that so will try and straighten out many Thanks Matt