I am looking at a 1985 Sabre 32. I want to know if a Windless installation is possible?

Aug 17, 2024
Sabre 32 Mobile
This Sabre 32 has a rather robust anchor locker, but no windless. Is it possible to install or does anyone know of a Sabre 32 that has a windless so that I could review the installation ?

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
Hi @V_Royster and welcome to the site.

I'm going to guess that this is the most commonly asked question on this site.

Please see reply #1. We're always glad to help if we can, but it's your choice whether you make it happen or not.

Aug 17, 2024
Sabre 32 Mobile
Well, if it is the most common question concerning a Sabre 32, then there might be some good advice posted somewhere? could sure use some help finding a solution.

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
Well, if it is the most common question concerning a Sabre 32,
Apologies for my wording. What I should have said is that questions regarding the mounting of windlasses in a poster's particular boat are very common. However, the chances of someone with "your boat make, model, and year" who have a windlass and reading this post are rare to non existent.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
The best source for information on Sabre sailboat is by far and away the Sabre users group, SabreSailboat groups.io Group.

Don't get me wrong, there is lots of good information on SBO and many knowledgeable and helpful members, however, the Sabre group has over 1,000 current and past Sabre owners who know their boats. Join the group and ask your question there.

jssailem

SBO Weather and Forecasting Forum Jim & John
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Welcome to the SBO Forum. With the number of years boating experience here, if you provide images of your anchor locker and fore deck, you’ll get a response with technical resources and helpful DIY knowledge. My Cal boat didn’t have a windlass and there were no Cal boat owners to consult. My boat now does have a fully functional Lewmar V3 electric windlass, owner installed.
IMG_4343.jpeg